Too late

Shanu's pov:

       Yesterday's events had put me in confusion. If Yug had left the company 12 yes back then why did he have his signs on those papers. Why did the guy told me that it was Yug Oberoi who did it. Who would want to create misunderstandings between us.

       After reaching the office , I called my agents to tell me about it. But instead of them , someone unexpected entered the office.
.
.
.
.
Matthew Andrews and
Aditya Chopra.
I had business with him, but I don't remember having any meeting with him. Why is he here then? Why was Aditya so injured? Did Matt do it?

"What the hell is going on?" I asked looking at both of them.

"Ask this pig". Said Matt pushing him.

"Can someone please explain me, what's going on?".

       Soon the agents came in as well. One of them came in the front and said, " sir the construction company which wanted that land in Andheri was not owned by Oberois. They owned it initially but later they sold it to the Chopras".

Shock was the only thing I felt . That means it wasn't Yug who killed my parents! B-but then why were his signs on the paper? "Why did the papers have Yug's sign?" I asked them hoping that he had something to do with it. Just the thought of the Oberois being innocent , didn't let me sleep due to guilt. If they are really innocent then I am in deep trouble.

"Sir the signs were forged. We checked them with experts . We compared it with the real ones, in fact the papers are fake as well. The real papers have Dev Chopra's sign as he is the owner of that company". Said one of them.

"So it means that Yug Oberoi didn't destroyed my chawl?!!"
I said sitting on my chair. I was not getting anything . Why would Chopras do it and even if they did then why did they make those fake papers with Yug's sign?
I do t remember having any rivalry with them.

"Still confused about, why?who?how? Aren't you? Well He'll explain". Said Matthew like he was reading my mind. He made Aditya sit on the chair . His face was bruised and he was about to burst into tears.

". Yes ,Yes I did it. I had no option. Let me tell you story..." he said with tears in his eyes.

" Once upon a time there lived a boy who was always alone. He was fat and was not even good in sports. No one wanted to befriend him. So he was always engrossed in his books. His name was Aditya, he belonged to a reputed family whose members had set the bar quite high. And this loser Aditya was never able to reach the mark. He felt he was a loser, good for nothing. He had no hope in his life. But then suddenly there is a new-comer in class.

      She was the most beautiful girl He'd ever seen. She was so delicate that the thought of touching her scared him.Seeing her, he knew she would never befriend him.But she was different. She saw the good in him and she became his friend. She used to fight with others for him. She thought him how to live life.She was his angel, his Sarah. Soon he started falling  for her, he fell for her truly ,madly,deeply.

        She became his obsession. He thought that she only belonged to him, which she did. The thought of separating from her used to kill him. But destiny had its own plans, she wanted to go to some stupid college in Mumbai, as she wanted to explore life. So she went to Mumbai, Aditya too wanted to go there, to be with her, but his father opposed and sent him abroad. It killed him. But he decided to come back , to claim her as his.

        Guess what?!!? She fell for some guy  named Shanu in Mumbai! Her brother tried to hide it a lot but Aditya got to know somehow. Some months later she eloped and married that guy. This news drove Aditya crazy, how could she do this to him? How could she choose someone like Shanu when she had her Prince Charming standing in front of her. Shanu was poor. He could not even meet her basic needs but still she chose him. Still she loved him. I went to Mumbai. Saw her struggle everyday in that place , but still she stayed there. Guess she really loved that guy. But that guy treated her like trash. Adi would have have loved her more. Adi would have provided her everything. Adi could keep her like a queen. But she chose Shanu.She deserved him. She rejected Aditya

She deserved to pay for breaking that guy's heart. And she paid! One day that guy slapped her , almost! She was devastated. All her dreams were crashed.  Just like Aditya's dreams were crashed. She paid for it. Now it was the guy's time to pay. He tried to take  what belonged to Aditya. He touched her, he tried to kiss those lips, which were made for Aditya. He had to die. His parents made Sarah cry, even they had to die.

So Aditya took help of his elder brother, and bought the land where this Guy lived. Then he sent some goons to threaten the people to leave, but they were sticking to that place like leech. So he decided to kill all of them. And he did it as well. He set the whole place on fire. Everyone died but that guy survived. He was lucky!

Sarah then shifted to Switzerland. She was studying. Adi wanted to go near her but He wanted to give her some time. But soon Sarah's lover became a successful businessman and tried to open the fire case which was closed as an accident. So Aditya made false papers saying that the construction company belonged to Sarah's family. Her lover was already broken because of her sudden disappearance and this accident thing just added fuel to the whole case.

Her lover became blind in hatred and revenge. He pretended to be in love with her and she really fell for it,again. They became one , one night and then Aditya decided to finish his life. He didn't want to live a life without Sarah. He wanted her but she was a forbidden fruit he could never have. Her lover , destroyed Sarah, completely and then she went missing".
Saying this he passed out.
I was speechless. So it was him who planned everything! Sarah was innocent, Yug was innocent. OMG! I did a grave mistake. I fucked everything up. I-I....

Soon the police came and took Aditya away. I was still in shock. I broke my Sarah! I-I'm a beast. I shouldn't be alive.
" have some water". Said Matthew offering me water.

"H-how did you know about this?" I asked him.
"I've been watching your every move since  you came back from India. I spoke to Yug , he told me about your conversation and then I put some of my trusted men in work to find out. The moment I got to know about it. I came here". He said.

"Aditya is a psycho. He was about to kill himself before I brought him over here. He was a mentally challenged person".

"Thanks! You helped in bringing the truth out even after our rocky relationship".
"I didn't do it for you! I did it for Sarah, she has done a lot for me".

"I've got to go and see if they are taking Aditya". Saying this he got up.

"Even you loved Sarah, then why did you help in clearing the misunderstanding?".

He chuckled and said, "Because I like Aditya, I genuinely loved her, I loved her enough to let her go. Her happiness was with you , or that's what she thought! So I had to help her".

"You are a very smart businessman, you might've made many big deals , but you lost the biggest and the most important deal in your entire life, Sarah! You are poor because you lost her. She was a gem whose value was unknown to you....."
Saying this he left.

.....................................................................
Hello Guys!
Hope you like the chapter!
Love you♥️