A welcoming stranger

Sarah's POV :
After the conversation I had with bhai and bhabhi, I was not able to think about anything  else. I have moved on in every way , but still a part of me is not at rest. These ten yrs taught me a lot of things, it made me the person who I am today . Some good things happened, like meeting my friends, the orphanage, the kids. But the shadows of the past still had its wings spreads  wide on my present.

The only way to stay away from these things was keeping my mind busy. Which means visiting the orphanage. The orphanage was a place which calmed me, children's laughter made me forget about my worries. It filled a sense of positivity in my life. After reaching the orphanage, sister Anna called me. She informed me about the recent donors. I was checking the file when I came across a single donor , that donor had donated 1,00,000 Swiss franc , which is like 1 million rupees. It was one of the biggest donations the orphanage had ever received. I was happy that day I wanted to tell this to all my friends, but first I needed to meet the donor and thank him personally.
I asked Sister Anna for the donor's detail but she said she had none. It was strange,people usually do charity for fame but this person doesn't want to reveal his /her name , quite few people if this type exist in this world .

My rest of the day was spent with the kids , playing ,eating, sleeping and painting. They are so innocent and pure , untouched by this world's cruelty. Soon I saw the watch and checked the time . It was 9:00 pm .  Shit!!!!! I was supposed to meet everyone by 8:00 pm. Grabbing my keys I rushed towards my car. While I was in the parking lot I sensed something, something which was able to give in chills in my spine, something which I had felt before.....
You are just hungry!!! Go and eat!

Saying this I drived myself to the restaurant.
_______________

After leaving the orphanage. I went straight to the restaurant. After entering the restaurant I saw my friends laughing and giggling. Soon I went near them and took a seat.

"Uhh Matt , when were we supposed to meet?", said Kristi. I knew they were angry on me , but there's nothing in this world which I can't handle. Hugging kristi from behind I kissed her cheeks , till she turned red.

"Okaaay..!!! You are forgiven,but seriously Sarah what took you so long?". Said Saransh

"Orphanage". I replied taking a sip of coke from Riya's glass.

"Yaa,right, how are things going on in there, I really need to pay a visit, it's been quite long since I went there". Said Kristi.

"You can come with me tomorrow if you want, I'm visiting it in the afternoon". I said looking at Matt  who was still busy flirting with some blondie near the bar.

Seeing me looking at Matt , Riya said,"Ohh! Don't worry Sarah, he's not in love , his just playing around, and about tomorrow, I don't think that I can come , I have to decide what I'm going to wear for tomorrow's party".

"If he would have been in love , I would be more than happy, but this playing around things doesn't really seem to catch my attention". I said . Matth  was the first one to befriend me. He always helped me in every problem I faced in these past years . I wanted him to be happy , I wanted him to find his true love and settle down. Even though he had everything,He needed a family , someone so special who would make him forget about his past . I hope that lucky one as Matty says comes soon!

"What party are you guys talking about ?" I asked remembering the thing Riya said.

"You don't know about the party!! Sarah it's been a talk of the town since few days, everyone received an invitation hamper, I'm sure your family received it too, just ask your bhabhi". Said Riya.

"Hey! you know the hamper has everything you like Sarah , like it has red wine, pink roses, chocolates, strawberries, and the invitation card yelled your taste, it was like you had selected it yourself". Said Saransh. This caught my attention. Everything that I like, it might just be a coincidence. Brushing away the thoughts I placed my order.Soon   Matty came to sit with us.

"When will you stop doing this?"  I asked him .

"When I'll be satisfied...!" He said giving me his signature smirk. Rolling my eyes on it I concentrated on the food.

"Sarah , would you like to enlighten us with the reason for your late arrival ". Said Saransh.

"Ohh I completely forgot, today the orphanage received a donation of 1,00,000 Swiss francs, I wanted to meet the donor but there's no information about him/ her."

"Wow that's a great amount, we have to meet them but before that , would you like to be my date in tomorrow's party?" He said going on his knees.

"First of all,get up, secondly I don't whether my family is invited , if we are then surely I'll have to come as bhai would not spare such a chance of finding suitable grooms for me".

"Okay". He said getting up.

"Guys do you know the Emerson mansion has been sold out!". Said Kristi .

" well that's interesting , it's one of the most expensive properties in the city, who bought it?" Asked Matt.

"Don't know about that, but the venue for tomorrow's party is Emerson mansion, if you notice". Said Kristi.

"Guys! I don't know if this is some kind of a coincidence but what if the person who donated the money for orphanage and the person who's throwing the party are same." Said Riya .

"That can happen, we almost know everyone in the city, I guess Ri is right we will find out tomorrow". Said Matt.

"He/she is indeed a welcoming stranger!" Said Saransh.

They were talking about tomorrow's things but my mind was constantly drifting on some else. I was having the same feeling that I had in the parking lot earlier. It's like someone is watching me.

"Sarah , come out of your la la land". Said Kristi. Seeing my friends face Riya asked me,"what's wrong Sarah?".

"Guys I-I don't know why,but I have this feeling that someone is watching me or following me since morning". I said hesitantly.

"It's just in your head Sarah , just forget about it". Said Matt.

"I should leave, I'm not feeling well, sorry but I have to leave". Saying this I was about to leave when Matt said,"Sarah cool down , I'm sorry, come I'll leave you".

"I have brought my car Matty, I'll go by myself, thanks for your offer". I said moving towards the parking lot.

Someone from behind held my arm and turned me . It was Matt .
" Matt !you scared me! What happened?" I asked .
"Your car's tyre is punctured so you have to come with me". He said pointing towards the tyre.

I saw the tyre it was punctured with some stick or thorn. Who could do it ? I was extremely tired to pay attention to it so I just sat in Matt's car . He played loud music and was driving fastly.

"Sarah,can I ask you something?". He asked awkwardly."sure you can Matty!".
"Tell me about your past , if you're comfortable, no pressure and I'm asking this just outta curiosity". He said fastly.

"Matt when time will come I'll tell you , for now I'm not comfortable with it, I hope you understand".
"Sure I understand, by the way your home has arrived".

Giving a shy smile I moved out of the car. When I was about to open the gate he called me. I turned ,he immediately gave me a quick kiss on my cheeks and winked. I was shocked , what just happened ?
.....................................................................hey guys! If you like my story then please       Show some love, do vote my story. Please, I'm a newbie, so avoid my mistakes for now. Love you♥️