The Party

Sarah's POV :
The events of yesterday's night still confused me. Did Matt do it just for fun? Or he did it coz he meant it? If the reason is the latter one then I should talk to him about it. I really don't want to give him any fake hopes. Emotionally I'm broken beyond repair, after leaving him  I could never think of someone else. Soon Yuvika jumped in my lap , waking me up from my thought process.

"Sarah buaa, how am I looking in this dress?!!!". She said turning round and round .

"It's beautiful! Just like you my princess!".

"Aww !! Thank you ".she said blushing . Soon bhabhi entered with a dress in her hand.

"This is your dress for tonight's party, I forgot to tell you about it ,so I arranged this dress for you!" She said smiling.

"Thank you bhabhi! It's beautiful but, I don't think I will be coming tonight".

"I knew you would say it, but you have to come Sarah. The person  who arranged the party tonight is the same person who donated the money to the orphanage".
She said .

She knew I wanted to meet the donor badly. Why wouldn't I? He/ she helped the orphanage , being a member of the orphanage I have to thank the person on behalf of everyone. Seeing no option to turn down the invitation. I agreed.

After lunch I went to the orphanage. I had some work there , once I finished the work I left for Riya's house. I nformed bhabhi that I'll be joining them in the party. After reaching Riya's place we started getting ready. Kristi was present there too. I wanted to talk about yesterday's thing ,so I asked Kristi.

"K ,can I ask you something?".

"Sure ,go ahead!", she said looking in the mirror applying lipstick.

"Do you think Matt has feelings for me?". I asked hesitatingly.

This made kristi turn around to face me. Shock was written on her face."isn't it obvious,Sarah ?". She said.

" No it's not , how come you guys didn't tell me?"

"Sarah he likes you since college, either you are too dumb or you just don't want to accept his feelings". Said Kristi .

"This is not good K ! I have to talk to him about this, I cannot give him fake hopes!"

"Don't break his heart, Sarah .". Said Kristi.

"I'm not breaking his heart, I'm just removing him from any misunderstanding, I see him just a friend,nothing more than that".

"Fine ! Tell him , but trust me he really likes you ,think about it". Saying this Kristi went to change her dress.

I will talk to him today ,after the party. I have to clear this.

Soon everyone got ready . Riya drove us to the party. I'd seen Emerson mansion before but today it looked like a king's palace. The fountains at the entry were dancing with the mild music at the background. Soon we went near the parking lot. The car collection of this person was just amazing. The host has a good taste in cars.After parking the car we went inside the mansion where the actual party was started.

The mansion was very beautiful and the decorations were just amazing . It was in my favourite colour combinations.
It was weird ,how everything in the party was of my taste. Like the host knows everything about me. Soon I saw bhai and bhabhi so I moved towards bhai and bhabhi. We were talking but then
there was soft music played at the background. Everyone moved towards the dance floor including bhai and bhabhi.My date "Matthew" took me towards the dance floor. Thousand years was being played at the background.

"Matt I need to talk about something ".

"Sure go on!". Said Matt .

"Matt,the thing is that ....a-arghh forget it". I said .

"Sarah,calm down and tell me". He said twirling me.

"I know you feel something for me which is more than friendship,but I just see you as a friend". I said coming closer to him.

"What I feel is just restricted to my heart, I will never pressurise  you for anything and trust me this thing will not affect our friendship,now chill,and let me enjoy the dance with my beautiful date". He said smiling.

Thank god he understood or else it would have been difficult for us. Soon the food was served , it was delicious. I have to agree that this party is one of the best party I have ever attended. Everything was to the mark ,the food, the venue, the decoration,everything was on the place.

After some time I started having the same feeling again . Someone was watching me. But my attention was on finding the host. The host was not yet introduced not only me but everyone present here was waiting for the host.

Bhai and bhabhi left after waiting for 2 hrs . Now it's been 4hrs in the party but still there was no sign of the host. Losing hope I was about to leave when suddenly the lights went off. People started to make noise.

Matt held my hand , he was about to say something but suddenly the spotlight was turned on the stairs. It caught everyone's attention including mine. There was a figure approaching in the spotlight. It must be the host I thought. So I went ahead to get a better view , my plan was just to meet him and then leave. By now I knew the donor is a man.

Soon his face was visible. That was the last person I wanted to see in my life. The same person  which I fell for ,the same person whom I married, the same person who broke my heart. It was
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Shantanu Sharma.

------------------------Hey guys ! If you like my story then please   Do vote it! It means a lot

Hey guys ! If you like my story then please   Do vote it! It means a lot . Love you♥️