Epilogue

Hi guys! I’m eating Hershey’s limited edition ‘candy bar overload’ ice-cream as I type this in my dorm room… it’s so good! Lol, too bad it’s limited. It’s Sunday October 21, 9:47pm here at Towson University, MD. After this, it’s back to studying for midterms! Pooh.

Epilogue

She lays still, unmoving, way too still. If not for the faint beat of her heart, she would be classed as, dead. Dead, a word I can’t bring myself to associate with her. I didn’t want to think about that, for the past two weeks, I sit beside her and watch her sleep peacefully. Eyes closed, those lids hide the most beautiful eyes, two different colors, eyes that had me entranced on our first encounter. I can still remember it, waking up on my first night back from my Vegas rendezvous to the smell of breakfast being prepared, only to catch the distinct, yet mouthwatering scent of Kaylie Jennings. We’ve come so far, Chase, my secret, getting kidnapped, discovering she’s also a werewolf, prom, making love, graduation. Now, here she lays, the love of my life, pale and unmoving. Life’s not fair. If only I could take her place, or better yet, turn back time so this would never have seen the light of day. I should kill her with my bare hands. How dare she? How dare she attack my mate?

“Ian, stop it, she’s going to be fine.” My mom whispers, rubbing my shoulders soothingly, as soothing as it feels, it doesn’t keep my mind off my mate’s predicament. “She’s already facing what she deserves now,” she continues, referring to the girl who has put my love in this situation.

Exile? That’s hardly enough punishment for laying a hand on an alpha’s mate. But we couldn’t exactly have killed her, it’s against our beliefs. I wish I did, to think she was Kaylie’s good friend.

Sighing, I get off the uncomfortable hospital chair I’ve been sitting in and walk to where she lays. I sit beside her and take her hand, the free one that’s not connected to an IV.

Leaning in to her, I whisper softly, “Hey Baby, please wake up for me, I love you so much. Nothing’s the same without you, I miss you. You have no idea how much you mean to me, do you? Thought so… before you, I was your typical player… a different girl every night, can you believe that?” I chuckle a bit. “It’s a bit unbelievable, but I’m glad I met you when I did, although I still wish Chase was never in my way. That bastard…”

“Stop cussing,” an angelic voice warns and I snort, before realizing who that angelic voice belongs to.

“Oh gosh, Kaylie!” I say with both surprise and relieve.

“Hey, Ian.” She says softly, looking at me with love and adoration. Oh gosh, she’s so beautiful.

“Oh, baby, I thought I’d never see you again.” I choke, a tear falling from the corner of my eye.

“It’s okay, I’m here now.” She whispers, tears in her eyes as she pulls my face down to hers to kiss me.