Chapter 24

Hi there! I Would like to start with a huge thanks to all my new fans, I really appreciate it. This chapter I hadn't planned on writing soon, actually I wrote the next chapter before I wrote this. It's a short but important chapter. Happy reading :) :)

Chapter 24

Nick's POV (Ian's brother)

I always thought that when I found my mate, she would be the most amazing girl in the world. She'd be beautiful, smart, funny, and maybe a little innocent and shy. But I didn't ever think I'd get someone who sleeps around as a mate. She's beautiful but that's pretty much it, well that's how I felt in the beginning, I wanted nothing to do with her. But she's been consuming my thoughts for two months and I don't think I can take it anymore. My wolf wants to venture out to the town over and find her but my human side doesn't want to be associated with her in any way. I've been battling my wolf for weeks over a girl. We haven't been agreeing with each other lately. He thinks she's the most amazing person on earth while I think she's the mot disgusting person on the planet. I mean I know the consequences of rejecting a mate but right then I didn't even give a fuck. I just didn't want anything to do with her. I can't help but compare her to Kaylie all the time. I mean look at Kaylie she's practically perfect in every sense of the word. She has an amazing personality, she's beautiful, smart, funny, caring, humble, and has the purest and kindest heart. But her best friend on the other hand is a complete opposite, her pretty face is her only redeeming quality. Every other thing about her is absolute shit and revolting. She fucking had sex with my brother! How the fuck do you expect me to feel! I watched her seduce him, I don't hate him for that though, he was just another victim. I know I was almost one until I discovered she was my mate. She was shocked too you know, actually she was the one who technically rejected me first. And I just went with it but my wolf wasn't having that, he wanted and still wants to fight for her. I didn't even stop to think that Rain's a werewolf, the first day she and Kaylie arrived, I couldn't really smell wolf on them, or maybe I was just too focused on Kaylie to notice. Yes Rain's a werewolf, I asked her if Kaylie knew but she said she never told her. I mean if you're best friends shouldn't you trust her with your secret? Ian told Kaylie about us, although it was due to a different circumstance, we let the cat out the bag or wolf in this case. It was all Chase's fault anyways, why would he just attack me like that without asking questions? One of my pet peeves is other people jumping to conclusions, it's almost as annoying as finding out Rain is my mate. I still remember what I said to her when she tried to talk to me after rejecting me.

"I'll never want you as a mate, I'd rather have Kaylie." I had told her and a look of hurt had passed through her features before she masked it and started yelling profanities at me. I still remember that day like the back of my hand. She cried real hard that day and the next day she left. But then a couple weeks later she came back to visit Kaylie and I was glad my mum kept them busy through her visit. I found myself spending more time at Ian's bachelor pad than my parents' home that weekend. I wanted to limit any chance I had of running into her or talking to her. But of course luck just wasn't on my side because we bumped into each other while I was trying to escape.

"Excuse me," I muttered and tried to get away but she grabbed my arm and little electric sparks ran up my arm.

"Nick," she stuttered, eyes wide and cheeks flushed, "I didn't know you were here,"

"I live here!" I spat in her face and she flinched making me almost regret it. Almost.

"I'm sorry," she whispered her eyes glistened with unshed tears and that's when I actually did feel horrible.

"I'm sorry," I sighed and she smiled at me, and that's when I actually became another of her sex victims. We had sex twice that night in my room and it was mind-blowing, nevertheless I regretted it right after.

Now I'm in my car, driving out of town to find her only because I recently found out that Kaylie is Ian's mate. I've been in love with Kaylie since she got here but now I can see that she'll never be mine since she has a mate. I know this will sound a bit cruel, but I guess I'll just make do with my mate. And so here I am getting closer to the house of her host family.

Ten minutes later I find myself parking down the street and knocking on the front door.

"Coming!" comes her muffled voice behind the door, sounding like it's coming from a far part of the house.

The door opens revealing Rain behind it in super short shorts and a tank top, barefooted.

"What are you doing here?" she spits, anger emanating from her.

I'm taken aback by her hostility, "Can we talk?" I ask,

"No," she says firmly and starts to close the door in my face but I place my foot in between to stop her.

"Please," I plead and her eyes waver a bit before she nods and heads inside the medium sized house. I step in after her and walk over to where she's standing in the living room.

"Nice place," I mutter looking around, the walls are in pastel colors, oak furniture...

"Whatever. What do you want Nick?" she growls and I look back at her. If looks could kill, I'll be a goner.

"I came to talk," I sigh

"We have nothing to talk about,"

"Yes we do, we have a lot to talk about Rain!" I yell, losing any sort of calm I had.

"Well I don't want to talk!" she screams right back, stomping her foot childishly. A bit odd for a teenage girl.

"We have to talk about the little matter of us being mates!" I growl,

"We are not mates, I rejected you! You said you'd rather have Kaylie for fuck's sakes! Well you should go have her because she's not going to be there forever." She yells and I stop moving. Trying to grasp her words. She admits that she rejected me, then why did she have sex with me?

"We had sex," I whisper my voice and heart breaking.

She smirks, "I used you to satisfy my sexual needs."

"Wha..." I trail off, shocked. She used me. I was right, I'm just another sexual victim of hers. Another notch on her headboard.

"You heard me, now get out, I hate you and never want to see you again!" she spits pointing towards the front door.

I nod numbly and make my way to the door, pulling it open and stepping out and then I proceed to slam the door hard for good measure.

I don't need her! There are more important things for me to ponder upon than a slut of a mate. With that thought in mind I get to my car and drive out the neighborhood and back to town, stopping at a strip club first. Where the broken hearted go to drown their sorrows in alcohol and naked women.

Fuck it.

*****************************************************************************

Well that was short, but that's Nick's story, I tried to make it longer but I couldn't think of anything, it was really hard to come up with this chapter. But if anyone would like to try and write like a little short story for Nick and his mate then please inform me :)

Next chapter is already written and I'll upload it in a couple days.

Please

Comment

Vote

And fan?

Have a good night/day!