Chapter 23

Hey guys! I know I said I'm taking a week or so off, but I was super excited about graduating today, June 5th 2012 (Class of 2012), that I decided to upload what I have. Since I write all my stories on my iPod and/or iPhone, I tend to write when I have them out, I find it easier to write with my apple devices than sitting behind a computer. Enough rambling! Enjoy reading :) :)

Chapter 23

"You're banished from the pack, I want you gone by midnight" I decree not even giving a second thought to the little matter of him being one of my friends... Not anymore.

Chase let's out a strangled cry, "Please Alpha, I can't survive as a rogue!" he begs, now on his knees pleading for mercy.

"Well why didn't you think about that before you attempted to rape Kaylie?"

"But I didn't, please Ian, we're friends." He pleads only enraging me further.

"The fact that you would have if I hadn't barged in is enough to punish you for. You're a disgrace to the shifter community and I don't want to ever lay eyes on you again, or I'll kill you, trust me you'd rather be dead by the hands of rogues than by my hand!"

Only when I'm done do I realize that my voice is full of emotion and a few tear drops have escaped. How could he? He... he would have taken her innocence! It's all my fault, I should have never left them alone in my room. If I didn't this wouldn't be happening right now. It's been about thirty-six hours since the... Yeah, I've been trying to think of a befitting punishment for Chase while he'd been locked up in the little prison cells for traitors. Now I've found it and it's fair, actually I'm being really lenient on his behavior, I should just have his head. But I'm not that brutal of an Alpha unless it's absolutely necessary.

"Please Ian!"

"It's Alpha to you! Take him away!" I bark at the guards as I walk away, trying to get back to my parent's house to see Kaylie.

Kaylie. She's been really shaken by the almost... Yeah, well she seems to be doing okay. Although at some point she asked to leave, go back to her parents in England. I couldn't have that, I want her here, close by. I couldn't live with her so far away and I can't move with her and leave the pack. No, I had to convince her to stay and finish high school, thankfully she agreed. But there's the other problem, she might have agreed to stay for the rest of her senior year, but there's still the issue of her going back home to England and then college. I can't let her go back. No, I won't allow it if I can, I'll make sure she stays.

I begin a sprint to my parents's house from the pack house and get there in less than five minutes. Walking in the unlocked doors, I'm greeted by the sight of my parents snogging.

"Get a room,"

My father chuckles and pulls away from my mum as she giggles like a school girl. Sometimes I wonder if she'll ever grow out of being a teenager, actually the both of them.

"What was the verdict?" my dad asks, his face doing a complete 360 from playful to serious.

"Exile," I say and my mum gasps.

"At least you spared his life," my dad says, nodding his head.

"Yeah," I mutter and then look over at the staircase.

"She's in her room," my mom says understanding the reason I'm home.

Nodding, I walk up the stairs and stop in front of her door. Listening for any movements inside the room. I can hear her steady breathing, is she asleep? I wonder. Lifting my right hand, I knock lightly.

After some shuffling, "Come in," she says softly and let's out a breath.

Opening the door quietly, I walk into her bedroom and shut the door behind me.