Chapter 27

Hello guys, I'd like to apologize for two reasons; the first is for taking a week to update and the second is in advance for the crap of a chapter you're about to read. I've just had a mild case of writer's block. But hopefully the next chapter will be better. Happy reading :)

Chapter 27

Recap: chapter 25

"Ian I think you need to hear this," Tyler says walking into my parents' living room.

"What is it?" I ask turning my attention to him. Hoping that he has some lead.

"It's Scarlett and Melissa, they were shopping with Kaylie when she was taken." He says.

*************  

Chapter 27

Ian's POV

"What do you mean they were there? Why didn't they do anything!?" I demand furiously.

"We couldn't exactly stop him, he said they were going to get something out of his car!" Melissa cries, sobbing at the end.

When did she walk in? I wonder as I turn around. Better yet when did both girls walk in since I didn't even notice their entrance.

"What exactly did you see?" I demand stalking over to the both of them, Melissa sobbing really hard now while Scarlett is crying silently.

"We-" Melissa starts but hiccups before she could go on.

My mother walks over to them and pulls them into a hug, rubbing their backs soothingly.

I sigh in frustration, "What did you see?" I ask, lowering my voice a little, trying to mask my temper.

"Honey, just tell as calmly what you saw," my mother soothes Melissa, pulling out of the hug but still holding both girls at arm's length. Melissa nods her head and then clears her throat.

"I-" she starts but clears her throat again since it sounds thick with tears, "He wanted to apologize-"

"Who is he? Do we know him?" I question, walking over to her and grabbing her shoulders, shaking it as if the answers will fall out if I shake hard enough.

She sobs loudly, "It was Chase,"

The while room becomes silent as she says his name. The person responsible for this. The one that also almost raped her, would have if i hadn't barged in at the right time. My hand drops from her shoulders to my side and I walk backwards, eyes wide, until my back hits the wall.

"Chase? Are you sure?" my dad inquires breaking the silence.

"Yes, he wanted to apologize and then said he had something for her but it was in his car so she went with him." Scarlett elaborates

"What else did you see?" my mum asks just as I get off the wall and start walking to my dad's old office.

"Nothing else just Chase driving away by the time we got to the underground parking lot,"

"Okay sweetie, thank you for the information." my mum tells them, a small smile evident in her voice.

"Yeah, you guys can go," my dad tells them seeing no need to keep them here.

But just as I was about to walk into the office Melissa's voice stops me, "Alpha?" she calls hesitantly,

"Yes?" I reply stopping but not turning to face her or any of them.

"Can I and Scarlett go out of town for a while? To stay with my parents?"

"I don't care," I shrug, shutting the door to the office and walking over to the desk. Picking up the vase on the desk and throwing it at the wall in anger, watching as it shatters into different pieces and the water and flowers falling out onto the carpet. Then I proceed to punch the wall repeatedly leaving a large dent in place.