Chapter 6

Chapter 6

My first day at Oakland high school has been quite alright actually. Well besides the flirting and wolf whistles from guys who are supposedly checking me out, it's alright. The school is decent, not that many students in each class, clean environment, and well I'm hoping they also have good food for lunch. From what I've heard the food is decent too, I'm hoping that's true though because I am famished. I'm currently sitting in my fourth period class, First aid; it's also my last class of the day. Yeah I was pretty ecstatic when the counselor told me that I have a half day since I'm a senior and have all my credits. So after this class I'm going to grab some lunch and then head home. The class isn't boring though, it's educative. I can't wait for the teacher to cover CPR, I wonder if we have to practice on life size dolls or on each-other. I bet the boys will like that, an opportunity to probably kiss a girl. Yeah. Speaking of boys, the guys here are actually very attractive, like they shower with handsome every morning. None stands out though, and I’m glad 'cause I can't be in a relationship since I'm not going to be here that long.

Although I plan on attending Columbia University in New York in the fall. Yeah I figured I could use some change, instead of going to Oxford like my parents want me to. Hopefully I get in and also get a full scholarship to study at Columbia. I've always wanted to live in the city; I've just always liked the whole concept of a big city. Well back to my first day; I had AP-BC Calculus first period, AP literature second, Honors Forensics, and then first aid. My schedule is pretty easy, well the first to seem to be a little on the tough side, but I can handle it.

I can't wait for lunch.  I love to eat, food is very awesome. It's not like I'm fat or anything, I kind of have a high metabolism which helps me stay in shape since I'm not much of an athlete. Yeah well back home there wasn't that many sports that I would have liked to participate in besides soccer and track. I heard they have a soccer team here but I'm not in the mood to play any sports right now, I just want to enjoy my stay here. I've made some friends too, a couple actually. Melissa is blonde haired and has brown eyes, she's really pretty and smart. I met her in first period and we shared third period together too.

She seems like a really nice person and we kicked it off pretty well, she might be my new best friend during my stay here. I also met another girl, Scarlet, just as her name implies her hair is scarlet, green eyes, and an hourglass figure. Yeah she's one of the popular groups going by her figure and it seems like guys fawn over her. I also met a couple non perverted guys, Matt, Ty, and Derek. Chase and I have both third and fourth period together which I'm happy about. He's so nice to me and he's cute too. He has been keeping me company during class and is even sitting next to me right now. Thinking about his warm, inviting smiles makes me smile too.

"Why are you smiling?" Chase asks beside me. I look over at him to see that he is also smiling. I just shrug and reply "You make me smile."

He totally just blushed! Aw how cute!

"I'm glad," he replies clearing his throat.

"You're so cute." I gush, making him redden even more. Aw!

"Girls don't like cute" he states.

What's he talking about? I like cute and adorable guys. It's quite... Adorable.

"Actually I like cute guys, they're adorable." I decide to voice my thoughts.

"Really? Enough to go put with one?" he asks sheepishly with a sad smile.

Why so sad? Wait... Backpedal and halt, did he just ask me out!?

"Are you asking me out?" I ask him just to be sure and not jump to conclusions.

"Maybe... Yes," he says smiling slightly. My face breaks out into a huge grin, and he immediately grins too, some hope shining in the depths of his beautiful and yummy brown chocolate eyes.

"Yes." I simply state happily. I'll give him a chance, he's nice, cute, and smart, and so it wouldn't hurt to try. He gets up after I give him my answer, jumps over his desk to mine, and pulls me into a hug while the teacher is educating us.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" he chants over and over again. I giggle and blush. Weird I don't even giggle to talk about even blushing.

"Please take your seat Mr. Matthews" the teacher, Mr. Smith bellows. Oops I forgot we are still in class.

*brinnnnggg* the school bell goes off signifying the end of the period.

I quickly pack my stuff into my bag and get up to leave.

"Can I walk you to lunch?" Chase asks walking beside me.

"Yes please, I wouldn't have been able to find the cafeteria alone anyways." I tell him with a smile and he laughs.

When we get to the cafeteria we make a beeline for one of the many lunch lines to get our food. I grab a tray and place a plate of fries, a chicken sandwich, and an apple juice on my tray. I move to the lunch lady and she rings up my order. I pull out my wallet to pay but Chase interrupts,

"Just add it to mine," he tells the lunch lady, who winks at me suggestively.

"It's okay, you don't have to," I try reasoning with him but he insists. Well who am I to refuse free food?

After we both get our lunches we walk towards his friends to sit.

"Kales!" a red head yells, waving rapidly from her seat. Scarlet. I grin and walk faster, once at the table I plop down next to her, and Chase sits on my other side.

"Hey girlie!" Melissa, my blonde friend, greets with a huge smile.

"Hey guys" I greet.

During the whole of lunch I talk mostly to Chase, Nick, Melissa, and Scarlet. Then when the bell goes off, we all dump our trays, pick up our bags and head to our different homes. Nick is giving me a ride so I head out to his car to wait for him. He shows up a minute later, opens the car, we get in, and head home.

I have to say school was awesome and I'm looking forward to the rest of my stay here! 

************************************************************************************************************

Thanks for reading!