Chapter 15

I typed this up on my IPhone, so I apologize for any spelling and grammar mistakes. This story has not been edited yet, I'll get to that later.

Enjoy

Chapter 15

Ian

"You're-" I begin but never get to finish because my father interrupts.

'Son where are you?' he calls in my head.

Fuck.

'out' I reply through the mind link,

'Out could be anywhere, but whatever. Come home, pack business.'

Well I can't tell her now, I'm not sure if I should be mad or happy that my father interrupted my proclamation of love or maybe I wasn't even going to tell her. I don't know, I want to tell her but at the same time, I don't.

"We have to get back, my dad needs me." I tell her, getting up and extending my hand out to her. She takes it, tingles running up my arm at her touch. Fuck.

She then proceeds to dust herself off, "How do you know he needs you? Are you avoiding telling me?"

I look down at her, noticing that she looks really small right now compared to my tall frame, "Mind link," I say evasively, tapping my forehead.

She frowns a little, "Is that part of being a were- I mean shifter?" she asks looking up at me.

I raise my right hand and lightly run it across her cheek, "Yeah," I mutter.

"Come on, I'll explain some other time," I reassure her and she smiles a little. We both walk back to the house and I notice it's getting really darker and colder. I drape my arm around her shoulder, and she involuntarily moves closer to me. I smile and lean over to kiss the top of her head. She places her hand on my stomach and my heart skips a beat at the gesture.

Gosh what she does to me.

After a little more steps, my parents' house comes into sight. We walk to the front door and I lead her inside, closing the door behind me.

"Finally!" Chase exclaims making me look up to him with a glare. I can hear his thoughts, he was wondering what took us so long. He missed his girlfriend. Asshole!

I look back down to the center of my world, and find her looking up at me. Smiling I take my arm off her shoulder, she whimpers lowly in protest, making my wolf howl in satisfaction. She misses us. Maybe not as much as we miss her, but she does.

I lift my hand to caress her cheek, "We'll talk soon baby," I tell her quietly and then I kiss her forehead.

She blushes, "Ok," she mutters,

I smile, loving the color of the blush on her cheeks, "Goodnight,"

"G'night," She replies then walks off first stopping to hug Chase and Nick, wishing my dad a goodnight, and then heading up the stairs.

I frown a little, furious that she hugged Chase. And Nick, my own brother.

He's her boyfriend. Dammit! That bastard... Jealousy is so not a nice emotion.

"What the fuck Ian!? Chase yells,

I look over at him, "What?" I yell back at him, his face pisses me off, and to think he's one of my best friends.

"Not now boys, there's a more important matter at hand." my dad interrupts.

Right.

"Yeah, what's wrong?" I ask him, turning serious, Alpha mode taking over. I don't joke when it comes to pack business.

"Rouges," is the only word he says, enough to get me pissed off. Who the fuck, in their fucking right mind would want to cross into my fucking territory!

"Where?" I ask

"Traces of their scent were found along the south of the perimeter," he answers,

"Are they still here?" I ask but then backtrack, "What do you mean their?" I practically yell, pissed off.

"Calm down son, yes three scents were picked up by the patrols,"

I sigh, "I'll look into it, Nick call a meeting for tomorrow's evening." I order, I would call my beta, Tyler, but he's visiting his parents.

"Sure thing," Nick answers back walking towards the stairs, but I stop him in his tracks.

"We still need to talk about the fact that you and Chase transformed in front of my ma- Kaylie" I say her name, catching myself from spilling that she's my mate.

Good thing no one caught my slip.

"How could I forget?" he mutters, walking away.

"Good," and I turn to Chase, "You too," and he nods walking out the door.

My dad clears his throat and I turn my attention to him to find his mouth wearing a smirk.

"Kaylie is your mate," my dad states as matter of fact, the smirk on his face.

I guess one person caught my slip.

Shit.

**********************************************************************************************

What do you think?

Vote.

Comment.

Fan?

It's prom on the 18th but I'm still undecided if I want to go or not. Agh, senior year is fun! but stressful.

P.S

I still need ideas for a cast for this story, every idea is appreciated.

Have a good weekend everyone! I love you all.

 