Chapter 4

Dedicated to my first fan @lionqueen500!

Chapter 4

"Welcome to the Reynolds home," Nick says as he opens the front door.

Nick leads me inside the mansion, revealing a wonderful professionally done interior. The walls are a soft cream color with royal blues. To the right lies the equipped living room, and down the left is a spacious kitchen. It's a very beautiful open concept living space. In the living room there is a large grey sectional couch. There's a Tiffany blue love seat to the side. A 65 inch Smart TV rests on the wall, surrounded by a glass shelf packed with DVDs and music CDs. There's a video and DVD player on the upper shelf, a Sony CD player on the same shelf and a two speakers on the sides. Tiffany blue curtains hangs over the big window that overlooks the front yard, and its currently pulled back to allow sunlight to stream in. Overall the living room is really nice.

We move to the very spacious and extravagant looking kitchen. It's painted a crisp white, with white quartz counter tops, an island, stainless steel appliances, and white modern cabinetry. 

"Wow I love this," I voice out, awe lacing my voice. 

"Yeah?"

"Absolutely!" I reply with a huge grin on my face. This kitchen and I are going to be really good friends.

"It's mom's dream kitchen,"

"I think it might be every woman's dream kitchen, Nick." I respond with a hint of sarcasm.

He chuckles "Come on let me show you upstairs," he says as he grabs my hand, interlocking our fingers. I stare up at him, look down at our hands, and then back up at him again. He gives me a small adorable smile, and I internally shrug. What harm could holding hands do? I want us to be friends, but in more of a brother and sister way than anything else. 

Nick leads me up the grand staircase. We start exploring from the left wing. In the left wing there are his parents' room, his bedroom, a guest bedroom, and a library or study room. His room is really big, with a king sized bed on the left, and a double bed for when his friends sleep over. His room has a red theme to it. There's an adjourning bathroom and a walk-in closet. The guest room is also big, but not as big as his room. He said that I won't be staying in that guest room but the one on the right wing. When we get to the right wing, he shows me the games room, which is basically a chill room to play video games and other games like pool and air hockey. When we get to a white and gold door he becomes tense "Uh, this is my brother's bedroom".

Whoa he has a brother? Another young guy living in this house?

"I didn't know you had a brother, you didn't mention him, actually nobody mentioned him." I say looking up at him.

"Yeah, well he's barely ever home." he says with malice in his voice. 

"You guys don't get along." I state already knowing that I'm right.

"You got that right," he mutters. I would ask him more questions about their relationship but I don't want to pry. So instead I settle for asking something else.

"What does he look like?"

He mutters a string profanities under his breath "You'll see," he says then tugs at my hand. I follow his eyes to the door right across. "This is going to be your bedroom for the next couple of months," he informs me with his smile back on his face. Note to self: don't mention his brother if i want him to keep smiling.

He gestures for me to open the door, taking the knob in my hand; I twist it to reveal my new bedroom.

"Wow!"

"You're easily amazed," he notices

"Yeah, well this is different than back home, in terms of size of course."

"Oh, well you have to tell me about England some other time," he says

"Sure". I reply as I step further into "my" bedroom. There's a queen sized bed on the far left a white and gray damask themed bedding cover. There's also a white computer desk and turquoise swivel chair. There is a white beanbag in the corner of the bedroom and in front of a 32 inch-HD television. The walls are a white color with turquoise accents. the floors are a dark grayish wood color and there is a plush area rug covering the expanse of the bed. A large window covers part of the back wall, allowing for sunlight to air into the space. There are also two sets of doors within the bedroom, one leads into the walk-in closet, and the other leads into the clean and airy bathroom.

"So do you like it?" Nick asks, watching my face.

"Like it? I love it!" I say enthusiastically jumping up and down. Nick starts to laugh and with a shake of his head "Well you probably need time alone to unpack and stuff, I'll see you at dinner," he says as he steps forward and gives me a kiss on the cheek. Blood rushes to my cheeks, and this doesn't go unnoticed by him because he smirks, then walks out.

My hand goes to the cheek he just kissed, and I smile. I want to stay away from boys while I'm studying here but it might prove to be a little difficult. 

Taking another look around the room, I walk over to my bags by the bed and begin to unpack. After unpacking I decide to take a soaking bath. So I grab all my toiletries and head to the bathroom. In there I dump all my stuff into desired places, and then run a bath with vanilla bubble bath. After running my bath, I strip off and step in. After 30 minutes in the bath I shampoo and condition my hair, then rinse off. I clean off then wrap the white fluffy towel around myself and I walk back into the room. I walk into the closet, and then take out a pair of baby blue lacy bra and panties, putting them on. I grab a pair of black short shorts, and a dark gray T-shirt and put them on.

I lay on the bed with a book until there's a knock on the door. Nick walks in "Hey, mom says it's time for dinner," he says and gives a once over of my outfit, his eyes lingering on my long legs- my only redeeming quality. "Wow you look good," he compliments as he continues to stare at my legs. Boys.

"Nick my eyes are up here," I say to get his attention.

"Oh what? Right I knew that," he mutters and then "Wow I like how you say my name it's cute, come on," he notes as he drags me downstairs for dinner.

Dinner was amazing we had pulled pork, fried rice, and salad, I really enjoyed the meal. Throughout dinner we made conversation, Mrs. Reynolds was going on and on about how I'm going to like it here and what not. I mean it's not like I don't like her or anything, it's just that she's taking it a little over the top. I mean I know she has no girls living in this huge mansion with her, but that doesn't automatically make me her Barbie doll that she can dress up and stuff. Apart from the usual from Mrs. Reynolds, like I said earlier, dinner was awesome.

After dinner however, Nick and I decided to watch a movie, since I didn't feel like going to sleep yet. We watched the hangover part two, which made me laugh so hard, it was very entertaining. After watching the movie and eating popcorn, I decided it was time for me to go to bed.

"Nick I'm going to sleep, goodnight." I inform him, he looks up at me and smiles.

"Sweet dreams Kales." Hm, a nickname for me, I like it. I head to my new room, I brush my teeth in the bathroom, and then plop myself down on my soft inviting bed, where I immediately fall into a dreamless sleep.