Chapter 3

Chapter 3

We arrived in Grand Forks at 4pm and after getting our bags, Rain and I head towards the arrivals. I remember Mrs. Fields giving us instructions on how we locate our host family, something about them holding a sign with our names on it.

"We are finally here! Oh this is so exciting!" Rain says as we walk towards the arrivals.

"Yeah" I reply while looking around for someone with a sign.

"Over there! Over there!" Rain yells pointing towards the right at a man no older than 18 holding a white construction paper that has our names written in blue. As we walk over to him, I notice that he is not alone. There are three others with him, a man, woman, and another guy his age. The guy with the sign is about 6"1 or 6"2, he has blonde hair that reaches the tips of his ears, greenish brown eyes, full lips with the top lip slightly fuller than the bottom, a strong jaw with slight stubble. From the way his grey shirt hugs his body, I can see the outline of a six pack that indicates how fit he is. Even though I'm not into guys, I cannot deny that this guy is HOT!

"Oh my! He's hot!" Rain gushes. Well I guess we are on the same page.

The man and woman beside him look like they could be his parents. The woman looks about 5"9, has long straight blond hair and bright green eyes. The man has light brown hair, brown eyes, and is around 6ft tall. Then lastly the other guy has light brown hair, grey eyes, and looks like he is 5"11 in height.

When we reach them the lady steps forward immediately and throws her arms around me in a hug "hello! You must be Kaylie, it's so nice to finally meet you!" she says excitedly.

Whoa how the heck does she know my name? Oh maybe she was sent a picture of us or something. "Yes. Hello and you must be Mrs. Reynolds," I reply awkwardly patting her back.

She releases me, "Oh please call me Sara," then she points to the man "this is my husband Ethan,"

"Hello Mr. Reynolds, it's nice to meet you," I greet him and he holds out his hand for me to shake which I take. He has a really strong grip

"Hello, it's nice to meet you too," from his facial expression you can tell that he is a serious person "and this is my son Nick and his friend Tyler," he says as he gestures to the two guys. The one with the sign raises his hand,

"I'm Nick" he says with a slight bow of his head. I smile up at him and he smiles back widely.

"And I'm Tyler but you already knew that. It's a pleasure to meet you, and believe me the pleasure is all mine," the one named Tyler says, grabbing my hand with a smirk on his face.

"Please forgive him, he has no manners," Nick says with a slight chuckle after watching our exchange. I chuckle at this, and so does his parents.

Then I feel someone nudge me, looking to my left I realize that Rain is still here... Damn I even forgot she was with me. She clears her throat and nods her head towards them. Oh she wants an introduction, I forgot she always wants all the attention "Um, this is Rain" I say to no one in particular.

Mrs. Reynolds- I mean Sara- clears her throat and looks At Rain from head to toe and back again, then she puts on a smile- that appears forced- "well hello there, we will escorting you to the Andrews' home. They were not able to make it here"

"oh, well I was hoping that you were my host family" Rain replies

what? Wasn't she paying attention to our conversation? Didn't she pay any attention to their surname? She was probably staring at the guys to even listen.

"Sorry dear. Well let's go" Sara says "and boys get their bags, would you" she finishes. Nick grabs my two bags and I smile gratefully at him. I also notice that Tyler carries Rain's bags with the help of Mr. Reynolds. We begin our walk out the airport and towards the parking lot. At the parking lot, Nick leads me to a black M3 and face lights up instantly at the car before me. Nick opens the passenger door and nods for me to get in, but before I can "What happened to bros before hoes? Tyler asks

I let out a laugh and Nick just shrugs "go on in pretty lady" he says to me bowing slightly again. He's so charming!

"Why thank you handsome lad" I reply and he chuckles. As I'm about to sit inside the amazing car, Sara interrupts

"Who will be riding with us?" she asks.

"Well Kaylie will be riding with me, and Rain can ride with you" Nick answers

I look up at Rain to find out that she is currently glaring daggers at me. For what reason you may ask? Well I don't know. And I'm not about to find out.

"Oh uh... Rain can ride with you, while I ride with your parents" I say to Nick just to keep Rain happy. I don't need her hating me for something as little as that. Immediately after I say that, Rain smiles triumphantly and quickly runs to the passenger seat, pushing me out. Sighing, I smile at Nick and walk towards his parents' car.

During the car ride Sara questions me about an enormous amount of things.

"So I heard you like to help out in the community. That's really good" she says with a huge smile on her face. "I've always wanted a girl! Someone to go shopping with and do each other's makeup!" she gushes and her smile gets impossibly wider. Mr. Reynolds chuckles and shakes his head at his wife's behavior.

"Um I'm not really a shopping type of person" I say

"pish posh, we will have to change that!" she says dismissively "we can go shopping after you settle down. It doesn't look like you brought much clothes anyways" she continues. As she continues her ramblings I can't help but smile at her enthusiasm. I'm actually really glad that I got the Reynolds as my host family. I wonder if Rain's host family is nice too or as nice as mine appear to be.

I notice the car stops moving, so I look up tucking away my thoughts. Wow I didn't even realize we had arrived. Shaking my head I open up the door and step out.

"Wow" I gasp out. Whoa! This house- I mean mansion is HUGE! Bloody hell! How many people live here? It looks to be a three story mansion and it's made up of the colors white and blue. There's a beautiful cherubim fountain in the middle of the driveway, different assortments of flowers surround the path towards what I suppose is the front door which is a deep blue color. There are crystal lights of different colors ranging from blue, red, purple, and green, also around the stone path to the front door.

Someone chuckles, jolting me from my awestruck gaze of the mansion before me. I quickly shut my mouth, realizing that if I were to stare at the mansion any longer, I would begin to drool.

"Come on pretty lady, I'll show you around" Nick says from beside me with a smile on his gorgeous face. Now I know that he is the one who chuckled seconds ago.

"Have fun" Sara calls out as Nick leads me inside.

*******************************************************************************************

Thanks for reading!