Chapter 16

****NOT EDITED**** Actually none of my chapters are edited or proofread. I'll get to that this summer.

Enjoy!

Chapter 16

Ian

Well theres no point in denying it, "Yes old man,"

"Oh my baby has found his mate!" my mom squeals running over to me and pulling me into a hug.

Eavesdropper.

"And it's Kaylie too! Which makes it even better!"

This is not good, my mom can't keep her mouth shut.

"Ow!" I exclaim, she hit me upside the head. "What was that for?"

"Give me some credit Ian, I'm your mother," She says dramatically.

You see this!

Groaning loudly I heave a sigh, "Please don't say anything, I want to tell her myself, at the right time."

My mom giggles, "Of course honey!"

Dad nods, "Well congratulations!" he says smiling. "But she's a human though..." he adds as an after thought.

Come to think of it he's right, but it shouldn't be that different I guess. I mean I already told her about shifters and she knows about mates. I'm just hoping she'll accept me when I do tell her she's mine. Gosh, what a happy day that would be for me. I will make sure she's happy for as long as I live. I'll give her the world if she'll let me in her life. I'll protect her. I'll never hurt her. And I'll love her everyday for as long as we both live.

"We'll figure it out..." my mom encourages. One thing I love about my mom is that she's always optimistic and she knows the right words to say, to make me feel better.

"Yeah," my dad adds, "Well good luck son, we are now off to bed. Come on Sara I need to burn off some calories," he says grossing me out.

My mother giggles, "Goodnight sweetie,"

"Gross, please refrain from giving suggestive hints about your sex life, I'm still recovering from the last encounter," Blood rushes to my cheeks as I remember it. I was about twelve and I heard my dad say "when the kids go to school I'll eat that pussy up."

I thought he meant that he would eat a cat, but boy was I wrong. So I decided to skip school that day to catch him in the act. I walked towards their bedroom and could hear heavy breathing and moans, then I heard my mom squeal/scream. I barged in to find my dad doing... Well you know. It was a nightmare for me, it still gives me the shivers till today.

My dad chuckles and then he lifts my mom up and carries her bridal style up to their room.

I sigh, glad they're gone. I don't want that episode to repeat itself ever again. I have more pressing matters to ponder upon. Dad bringing up the fact that Kaylie is human is sort of bothering me. I mean I know I love her no matter what she is, but it's still something to think about.

What's the experience going to be like? Shifters usually make love when they meet their mates. But if she's human then I guess we'll have to take it slow. Oh my patience. I have zero to nil amount of patience. Having her close yet far away is not going to sit well with me.

And there's the other problem of her having a boyfriend. Maybe I'll just tell Chase to break it off with her. But that's cruel, she'll be undoubtedly hurt. Then when she finds out it was all my fault, she'll hate me. Gosh this is hard.

Even thinking this hard is giving me a headache. I still have the issue with rogues trespassing on my territory. Bastards. When I find them, I'll make sure they regret ever setting foot on my land.

Getting up, I walk up the stairs to my room. Once inside, I grab the bag I was packing earlier and place it over my shoulder. It's better if I go back to my pad, give Kaylie some space. And keep her from my thoughts, I hope. It will give me time to think about what I'm going to do and focus on finding the rogues.

With a sigh I walk out of my bedroom and shut the door. As I take a few steps towards the staircase, I stop for a moment. The room across mines belongs to Kaylie. Which means she's in there right now, probably sleeping. I drop my bag and then turn around, stopping in front of her door.

Putting my ear on the door, I try to listen for any signs that she's still awake. None, all I hear is steady breathing and soft sighs. I can't help it, I open the door quietly.

Stepping in and walking towards the bed. Oh gosh. A sleeping angel greets me. Her dark her sprawled over the pillows, eyes closed, lashes casting a shadow on her cheeks. Red lips slightly parted as she breathes in and out, chest rising and falling rhythmically. She's so beautiful and looks so peaceful and relaxed while asleep. I look over her body, and my manhood twitches.

Fuck me.

She's wearing a pink lace baby doll, that barely covers her butt and shows snip bits of her perfect breasts. Fuck me.

I need to get out of here before I do something rash. Clearing my suddenly dry throat, and against my better judgment, I decide to kiss her forehead. So I lean down to do so. She moans quietly in her sleep.

"I love you... Ian, don't leave me," she mutters. I scan her face, thinking she had woken up, but she's still sound asleep. She must be dreaming about me.

Wait... SHE'S DREAMING ABOUT ME! And wants me to stay.

Oh

My

Gosh

SHE LOVES ME.

I jump up ecstatic at this, fist pumping in the air, grinning from ear to ear. "I love you too," I say quietly. She smiles almost like she's aware of what I just said.

I can't even contain my happiness, even though she only said so in her sleep. I just have to make her say it awake.

'Soon' I vow. I'll make sure of it. With that in mind and the grin still etched on my face, I leave my parents' house and head to mine.

*********************************************************************************************

What do you think?

Comment.

Vote.

Fan?

A/N

I will be taking a little longer to upload this month due to AP and Senior Exams. Please bear with me.

Have a good day/night mi amigos!