CHAPTER 36: Knife gone deep

*still Nicole's POV *

Living with Nathan has been going pretty well and l love it cause it's not every guy who makes sure every time you wake up in the middle of the night the ice cream you craving for is at your bed side. Every morning your peanut butter and jelly sandwich waiting for you with fruits.

It's time for me to go to work in as much as Nathan's is not in favor of this idea, our fight amongst the others

"No Nathan l am just pregnant okay l am not invalid or something."

"The doctor said to take it slow Nicole."

"It's been over a month okay. I am well rested all thanks to you l got it."

"I don't want you going to work." He says it in a way that's means we done talking and he almost walks away.

"And why Nathan so that you can get your way again huh."

He halts, literally every part of his body stopped moving and he slowly turns

"You think l would do that to you. Haven't l done enough to show you l made mistakes. Losing you once was one and l don't want it to happen again. H-how could you think of me that way."

He walks away, l know what l said was wrong but why won't he let me go to work. I am just 4 months pregnant, l am not yet invalid that l know. Later on l hear the sound of his Ferrari coming to live, now l have really hurt him.
He has gone to the gym and to have some speeding ticket for driving over the limit. I waited for him, l called his office and said he didn't report for work. It was now around nine, l drove there to look for Alex and he looked worried that l came here

"What happened."

"W-we had a fight a-and l -"

I started crying and he hugged me to calm me down, helping to sit down. This is all my fight l never appreciate someone just here for me.

"Nicole go home okay, Iris will drive you there. He wouldn't want to see you like this." Alex told me driving to find him and Iris was arriving she hugged me and let me cry in her arms. My bodyguard followed with my car, l sat on the sofa anxiously waiting, Iris forced me to sleep so that l rest.

Nathan's POV

I haven't been drunk in a while now and now seems like the best time to do so.

"It's enough bartender."

"Ah Alex, what a party pooper."

"Get up."

"Oh come on. I know you want it. Come on drink it."

Offering him the shot of Vodka l was sipping on, he actually got it from and guess what he did, he threw away my drink. Who does that,

"What the fuck dude."

"What the fuck what. Get enough of yourself. You have a girlfriend at home carrying your child and she's worried sick because you not yet home." He shouts at me.

"Oh please what are you now. Her new husband now don't you have a fiancée to be taking off that trying to be a peace maker."

"Nathan we been through this okay. Like you said l have a fiancée waiting for me at home, so if you don't get your ass up right now l might just home to my lovely to be wife you know."

"That would be lovely you know cause you kind of disturbed a party."

The bartender is caught in between whether he should listen to me or Alex like seriously dude, l payed you more than you can get in the whole year

"How much did he pay you."

"I-l-"

"You know what fuck this. As you said l should worry about my own problems l will leave you. Don't come crying to me or asking for help till you grown up and when you lose her again, make sure Iris is out of it."

He takes his car keys and without turning back he went away, l am drunk but l sure remember she said something which just means she doesn't love me right.
I stop drinking so that l ponder on what l am doing right now, little did l know l fell asleep in the bar.

Nicole's POV

I wake up cause honestly l can't sleep and Alex isn't back yet , l look at Iris she's asleep. Taking that as my cue to wake up and prepare some food for me and my baby. Calling Alex

"Hie Alex." I greet him

"Yah. How's you and the baby." He asks genuinely concerned

"I guess we fine, l don't know. Where is he."

"Wait for him to come back. When he's drunk he can do anything."

"I am trying to hold myself together right now. I can't anymore." And there goes my hormones l am crying.

"Nicole l am sorry but please stay at home."

"Okay." I wipe my tears whilst disconnecting the call.

Iris was awake now packing her things up yah she has to go to work, if l am not there then she's has to be there.

"Bye. Don't blame yourself for all of this okay. He will come around he just didn't expect you to say that." Iris whilst hugging me she left and now l am alone the only time l get to pour my heart and tears.

I hug the cushion as l cry myself out.

💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛
She put my name in yellow hearts 💛

End of Chapter 36
How was it and what do you think
Talk to me so that we know

THANK YOU FOR READING
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT 💝
PLEASE VOTE ✨💞