CHAPTER 20: Waiting and Patience

General POV

The moment Nicole arrived at the hospital the doctors took her for some tests like forced rape, broken ribs, broken bones things like that. But our dear Nathan was not even stable at all, he would be pacing up and down at least Fiona was put in jail.
Iris in as much she once accused him of making this happen she came to realize that he cared for her too much that he even regret what he did to her about the Finance Department but she was going to let Nicole decide in her own. She went to where Nathan stood and patted his shoulder and whispered

"Please calm down and let's wait and be patient. It's hard l know but that's the only thing we can do."

She pulled him to sit down, he was given water by Alex little did he know there were sleeping pills in the water so that he rests. Iris was in Alex's arms as she slept waiting for the response.

The doctor were running the tests for every body part if there was any thing wrong not to skip anything. They were slowed down when they checked the ribs later on after checking the pulse they only realized she was pregnant so they had to do some CT scan, X-ray to check if the broken ribs had affected the baby.

2 hours 40 minutes later

Guess sleeping pills for Nathan didn't work for long because the moment the doctor went out he somehow woke up. The doctor's coat was flaring and usually that's bad news . Alex woke Iris up and well since Nathan did it himself.

"You must be here for Nicole Jonathan."

We all nodded , the face that followed is something that we all didn't want to picture at the moment.

"Well l have to inform you that she has a couple of broken bones and ribs, good news is she wasn't rapped however the baby did not make it. Looking at that it looks like if she is ever going to have kids in the future she will have complications since already they were for this one as well. Any history."

Upon hearing that Nathan filed with anger and rage he kicks the chairs, leaving the hospital, Iris started to cry having Alex comforting her.

"She was once rapped and kidnapped back when she was a teenager that's like 12 years ago since she's just 28.When will she be awake doctor."

"(Deep sigh) that depends on how she's responding to the meds we giving her. So you can go home and we will call you if there are any changes. Please go rest it's been a long day."

Iris was reluctant at first but Alex managed to deal with the punches she threw, the slaps and all the cries. Where was Nathan is what was wrong now cause Alex knew of his anger issues.

Nathan's POV

The way l maneuvered in the traffic could display my rage and anger to any else. Arriving at the prison that Fiona was put l demanded to see her. They all feared the state l was in so they obeyed to anything l said.

"Nathan What brings you here."

I didn't care she was a woman but she hurt my angel and killed my baby and she's going to suffer for those consequences. The grin she had on made me slap her with the back of my hand and she fell to the other side of the room. Me getting in jail for this didn't matter right now, how about l give her a taste of her own medication just a intensified.

The fear that was in her eyes didn't even make me flinch even one bit, not at all, the tears that streamed down her cheeks were just crocodile tears to me. At the moment l didn't have a heart the same she didn't.

Out of the blues my phone rang, no distractions right now so l sort it ring and the second time it did l switched it off.

Alex's POV

After l layer Iris in bed the person l worried about right now was Nathan where was he. I called his bodyguard but he knew nothing so he started to trace his local through his car GPS

"Sir he's at the Prison where Miss Fiona Monty was out today."

Shit shit . Don't do this Nathan, don't do something you going to regret l started to say all this in my head. Before leaving l left strict orders that they take care of Iris if she woke up. Driving to the prison, l started to call Nathan, first ring it's one, that distracts him for a second obviously. He rejected it, that didn't stop me to call as l was doing some need for speed swerves and all that. The second time l called guess he switched it off because the third time l called it lead straight to voicemail.

Damn you Nathan l cursed.

Arriving at the prison 15 minutes later after he switched off his phone, l quickly asked for where he was and ran like my life depended on it. Seeing him in that cell with rage and anger radiating from his body, l saw Fiona crying with a red cheek guess she was slapped l hope he hasn't done anything else.

I opened the cell and didn't care what he would do to me, right now l can't be taking of him as well whilst l have Iris again not now.

"Nathan' don't do something you'll regret please. (No flinch of emotion." Nathan, do you think Iris will be able to deal with Nicole alone. She will need you to help her bring Nicole to life. (Spares Ales a glance it's working he thought) l don't think Nicole will ever forgive herself if she finds out you went into jail for her case. Nicole needs you she can't do this alone you that. So let's leave and wait for her to wake up and be patient."

Taking a step closer to him , l patted his shoulder, guess for the first time my speech to calm him down worked on one go. Wow that's an achievement for me. I pull him out of the cell like a baby and he obeyed l hate seeing him at his worst like this.

Waiting and Patience don't go hand in hand in situations like these

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

End of Chapter 20
What do y'alls think

Let your comments say it all

Thank you for reading
We almost close to 700 reads
Oh my gosh guys thank you for making my dream
Come true

What do you think of Nathan
Sorry l had to make the baby disappear
It's what was bounding Nathan and Nicole what do you think is now

Stay tuned for more chapters
Sequel or not

I am waiting for covers guys
I also take additions and subtractions.
Should l change the name of the book.
Email - tanyachingwaro@gmail.com for the covers

Social media
Instagram @_blxxming_rxse__
Twitter @ x.tanyae.xx
Tiktok @tanyaradzwachingwaro