CHAPTER 21: Sleeping beauty is awake

Nathan's POV
After two week

I have been going to the hospital everyday and doing my work from there hoping she would wake up but no she hasn't woken up in two week for how long am l supposed to wait for her really. Somebody please help me understand this. Been trying to wait but the doctors seem to be doing their job bad so far.

Iris finally now liked me thank God and she makes sure that when she's coming she brings me breakfast and a latte, lunch and supper and later on we stay to just talk sometimes talk about Alex even about Nicole

Iris finally now liked me thank God and she makes sure that when she's coming she brings me breakfast and a latte, lunch and supper and later on we stay to just talk sometimes talk about Alex even about Nicole. So it happened today we were casually talking and that when we heard a groan at first we ignored it but when we heard it the second time we turned to Nicole so fast that our necks almost broke.

"Nicole oh my God take your time to open those eyes." Iris was so happy

We had talked about this that when she wakes up l will move l thought that was best but Iris was saying otherwise. My reasoning was that l might not be the first person she want to see after all this. I waited outside and called Alex to inform him that she was finally awake and Iris was with her.

Nurses later on came to reduce the amount of IVs she had connected to her body so that she starts to eat properly again. It took them a while though it's not like she would want to see me or care at all. So l was making my way to the coffee machine, someone tapped on my shoulder l turned quickly. It was a nurse

"Are you Nathan."

"Yeah this is him." I answered so confused

"Miss Jonathan requests for you in her room.

I did answer an okay but l was too shocked to think Nicole after all this was asking to see him. Maybe she probably wants to shout at me, blame me for killing her baby, for having too many enemies now l was involved in this.
Knocking on the door, l have never been this afraid ever in my life , my nerves were making me shake, can l at least calm down l told myself.

"I will leave you too to talk. Bye Nicole."

"See you."

Her voice was still rusty and she winced when she said that, maybe her throat is still that painful for her to be talking and too dry. She pointed at the water when she looked at me and l grabbed it for her. Using the straw she drank quite a lot of water and she tried to clear her throat.

This wasn't what l imagined it to be, it's too awkward at the moment,
"Hey."

That's all l managed to say after all this, how dumb am l to be saying such things.

"I am sorry Nicole. For getting you involved in this, l didn't know they would come for you even after all this while we weren't together."

That word sounded so weird to be coming out of my mouth at this moment, it was just not it really. When l opened my mouth to talk again, she stopped me.

"Nathan it's not your problem okay. I already know why they kidnapped me instead of you, l know why she wanted why to be with you. -"

She stopped for a while and looked at me, was she looking for something or what.

"And l am sorry for hiding some things from you. I was too hurt to tell you and l was afraid you wouldn't want to see me afterwards. But Iris told me everything. How you stayed here with me day in and day out and she took as her responsibility to mother you, (she smiles.) it's in her nature to car for people really. I do appreciate it that you would care for me this much and how Fiona told me you hired her so that she checks on me to see if l am fine, for the first time someone has gone this far to check on me. And l guess you were told that l am carrying our baby, l meant to tell you but l was late."

It's like she poured her heart, she still likes me can't say the L word yet don't want to rush to conclusions. What she said last is what made me freeze, how do l tell her, l even forgot to talk about it with Iris she had become my personality Therapist really. How do l tell her , what do l say, oh damn this is so hard.

"Nicole just know that what happened is because l couldn't let you go, l realized you were something great that had happened in my life so far. And yes l never stopped to like you, l am sorry l had to some things to you, l was hurt. But l have to tell you something else but l don't know how to tell you. It's hard for me to say l thought Iris would do it for me, "

Shit shit shit shit

How do l say something like this, you know what whatever happens happens cause l really don't know how to do this really. I don't even know, talking her hand in my hand, l finally gathered the courage to look at her in the eye, she could see something was off,

"What is it Nathan, just tell me. Am l late or something what's wrong."

"No no not even that's not even the case. Nicole when the doctors ran tests on you they couldn't save our baby, they were late , but they did say you tried to save the baby."

Tears were streaming down her cheeks at least she didn't react the way l expected her to , like to start shouting like how l wanted this to happen, how it's my fault and all but it was not.
I stood up to wrap her into my hands, she didn't push me away but she hugged me back tightly. She didn't stop to cry for a long time and she would say things like

"I couldn't even protect my own child."

"It's my fault."

She told herself that but l had tell her it's not you tried your best, for chrissake she had a slightly fractured hand cause she used to cover her stomach. I made space for myself to sit on the bed and she let me, later on she managed to fall asleep in my arms but my heart was broken to see her cry like that. The strong and confident Nicole l knew was gone and she looked hopeless and weak.

If l ever break her heart again, someone come kill me
I can't afford to see her like that.

☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

700 reads yayyyy🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

It's the end of the chapter
What do you think

Poor Nicole
Guys you heard what Nathan said kill him if he ever does it.

THOSE WHO HAVE COVERS
my email account -tanyachingwaro@gmail.com
Instagram -@_blxxming_rxse__

DROP A VOTE
LEAVE A COMMEMT
Thank you for reading ✨💞✨❤️✨🥰✨😘✨🌹