CHAPTER 14: Playing your game

Nicole's POV

My dad always told me that if you want to beat the man at his game be two steps ahead of his game and play it better. So yes Nathan now that you have started this game how about l entertain you and we see where you going with this huh.

Well thanks to my brain it's so clever that l can think of something so fast as simple as that. Thank you so much dear brain what would l do without you. You threaten my workers and how about l let them work at home and still pay them that won't be a problem right.

Simple
I just have to advertise on paper that they are open vacancies on paper and bibidie boom l just don't let anyone get the job. It's not like all of them are doing to know if they got the job or not. I will be nice. Those who would have passed the interview l will direct them to one of my branches and l might consider some of them in the business you never know.

"Iris l don't know why he's doing this but l gotta play his game hey. Entertain and l will make sure that at the end of this all l just come out of the shell and win this whole thing."

Iris seemed to be going in agreement with me and what she said next made me feel so single and like l have never felt these strong feelings before.

"Nicole but do me a favor though. Don't make this come in between me and Alex l feel like we heading somewhere far."

I felt happy for her as well , l mean she had always been the victim of heartbreaks and players as well. How sad but l am happy for you.

"When is the wedding sister. Won't ask l mean l am the maid of honor no doubt about that right."

"Nicole l think he might propose soon because he lately asked something towards commitment and he seems to be ready for this thing."

I couldn't help but scream and l rushed to hug her and she stood up for it and it was that bone crashing hug. Her smile made me happy, if she's happy then why shouldn't l be. Today was my check up day so she drove me there but this was to be a secret because k will be walking to a pregnant section women area and the media is everywhere.

Nathan's POV

At the back of my mind something was off, l felt bad for doing this to her cause they could have been an us something great and l still had the time to fix it. And all l am doing is making it worse and she will never forgive me for this.

"Boss check the news and the newspaper."

I was brought back to reality, guys get me right even after the devil in me has been unleashed, there's still a heart that's buried inside there which got feelings and is functioning really well.

Taking the remote to switch it on, l see the advert

"Graduates of Accounting and Finance there has been open vacancies at Jonathan Corp. Interviews to start tomorrow at 8 am,"

Nicole l hope l this is not going to break you apart that's not the intention. There's always a way out in everything you do ,my mom always used to tell me, but from what l can see they ain't no way out in this. According to the way l want it to be. To have her by my side and see her smile like she used to be you know. Alex told me to just leave this job and start something new and get her back but l couldn't let this happen because my mom wouldn't want that.

Sighing in my chair l tried to calm down and think of a better way to get her out of my mind and it's fucking impossible

Aaaasrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I lay my head on my desk to get a quick nap something l never do, us billionaires we also go through what a normal human being goes through.

45 minutes later

It won't hurt to get a Private Investigator check up on her on my behalf l mean right. I will be at peace if l know that she's fine even l can't hold her at her worsts.

Never knew matters if the heart are this complicated
It hurts

💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

Hey there lovely readers
Thank you for reading

Short chapter
Just a filler

400 reads in one month guys that's an achievement l started this book on the 9th of September and today it's just the 23rd of September and we over 400 reads

Thank you so much

Keep the votes coming in
Drop your comment

I would love to read them
It motivates me

Thank you
Vote, comment
Stay blessed 💦💞🥰