Chapter 26

Cassidy's POV

Life at home has been hectic with a newborn. Ace has been a lot of help during the day before his classes. Caleb arrived yesterday around 3:30 in the afternoon. He's already been helping by getting up in the middle of the night.

Zack stopped by once since I told him about Caleb. We cleared things up and now he's fine with Caleb being in Lucas's life.

"Cassidy, what do you want for lunch?" Caleb asks from the kitchen.

"Surprise me." I say, smiling up at him. I was currently feeding Lucas and watching High School Musical because you can never get enough of Zac Efron.

"Cass, hit me up with Luke. I need to have some man time with my main." Ace says, walking down the hallway.

"He's got to be burped and then if he doesn't fall asleep, change his diaper." I say, handing Lucas off to Ace.

"Come here Bubba." Ace says, taking Lucas out of my hands. I push myself up out of the chair and I walk into the kitchen.

"Whatcha making?" I ask, leaning against the island.

"Your favorite." Caleb says, turning to face me.

"No way, your making jerk chicken?" I ask, but it comes out more as a statement.

"Nope, more like tacos." Caleb says, laughing.

"Oh my, I absolutely love your tacos." I say, hopping up on the island.

"I know you do." He says, squeezing my knees like he always used to do.

"You know, I really missed you. Even though I was really mad at you for the past seven months. But I think your going to be a great father." I say, smiling at him.

"You're already a great mother Cassidy." Caleb says, placing a small kiss on my forehead.

"Hey, come with me." I say, hopping down off the island. I pull him down the hall and into my room. I sit down on my bed and wait for Caleb to join me. "Okay, were gonna go over this quick so my food doesn't burn."

"What are we going over?" Caleb asks, collapsing on my bed.

"Zack and I are constantly arguing over the little things. I don't want Lucas to grow up in an environment like that. I don't know what to do Caleb." I say, looking down at him.

"I understand where your coming from. You don't want Lucas to know how much you two argue when he gets older. I know what you mean. My parents always argued when I was little. That was until they spilt." Caleb says, grabbing my legs. "If you really love him, you'll make it work. But if you're unhappy do what you have to do."

"Caleb, how do you always know what to say?" I ask, laying down next to him.

"I do not know Cassidy." Caleb says, tossing an arm around me. I smile as I scoot a little closer to him. Placing a hand on his chest, I look into his vibrant blue eyes. I close my eyes lightly before connecting my lips with his.

"Hey, no more babies for a while." Ace says, walking by my room. We both immediately pull away and I look at the door.

"Ace you will die!" I shout before burying my face in Caleb's chest.

"Hey, what did I just say? Oh and you might want to check your tacos."

I hop off my bed as does Caleb. Caleb hustles into the kitchen and I head over to beat up Ace.

"Do I need to beat you up?" I ask, sitting down on the ottmon. "Or do I need to find you a girlfriend?"

"Hey, me and my bro are set right now." Ace says, nodding towards Lucas.