Chapter 25

Cassidy's POV

The next three weeks after the surprise baby shower, I was getting ready for the baby and putting things in place. Ace has been a huge help around the apartment as well as Zack. Ace set up the crib and changing table and I got all the bedding and accessories on.

"Hey Ace, can you come get this box for me?" I shout from my room.

"Yeah, I'll be in there in a few." He shouts from the kitchen. As I was waiting for him, I start to kick the box into the nursery. "Okay, what box now?"

"Uh the only box out here you fruitloop." I say, looking at him with a huff.

"Well you never know with you." Ace says, picking up the box and moving it into the nursery.

Zack went to visit his mom and Janelle back in Green Bay earlier today. He spent a few hours up there before he started his journey back about an hour ago.

"Hey, why didn't Zack just stay with his mom and Janelle tonight? It's a long day driving a day." I question, following Ace.

"I don't know. I think he'll do that soon though. Katrina and Janelle miss him like crazy. Janelle messages at least once a month asking when Zack is coming back up." Ace says, setting the box down on one of the chairs in the nursery.

"Uh-oh." I mumble, feeling something wet drip down my leg. "Um Ace, we need to go."

"Why? I'm making supper. It'll be ready in 10 minutes." Ace says, turning to face me.

"No, Ace we need to go. Now. Baby." I say, giving him a blank stare.

"What? Baby? Shit. Get in the car. I'll be there in a minute. Gotta turn off the stove." Ace says, rushing out of the room. I strip out of the wet clothes quick before I slip into clean clothes before grabbing a sweatshirt and heading out to the car. Ace was already in the car with it started. Once I slide in, Ace pulls out of the parking lot and heads in the direction of the hospital.

I turned on the radio to my favorite station, 106.5. "Listen up girls, Mr. Hunter Hayes is offically off the market! He was spotted just this week a day before his concert down in Janesville with his girlfriend, Arden Kaminiski. Since then the two have made their releationship offical. Hunter seems very happy to have found some one since his once girlfriend, Cassidy Taylor, left unexpectedly around five years ago." Vanessa announces, giving me memories of the past.

"I really miss those two together don't you think, Vanessa?" The other commentator, BS, asked.

"I thought I was to only one. I really wonder where Cassidy is today. Maybe she's back in her hometown of Breaux Bridge, or maybe she's up here in the great state of Wisconsin."

"Maybe she'll appear sooner or later, but for now here is Hunter Hayes with his newest single I Want Crazy."

"That's enough of that." Ace says, turning the radio off.

We make it to the hospital withing the next five minutes. Ace pulls up to the emergency room and drops me off. Once I get through the doors, Ace calls over a nurse.

"How far along are you hun?" The young nurse asks, helping me down into a wheelchair.

"38 weeks." I say, looking at the nurse.

"Okay. We'll get you back to delivery right away." The nurse says, hustling back to her cubical.

"Ace, did you call Zack?" I ask, clenching my hands into fists through a contraction.

"I'll do that once you get back to the delivery room." Ace says, rubbing circles on my fists.

After four hours of on and off contractions, I finally hear the words I've been waiting for these past nine months. "It's a boy!" Dr. Devrees says, holding up a baby boy. She whispers some commands to the nurses in the room with us. "We have to do a few test on him because he's a few weeks early."