Chapter 31

Cassidy's POV

"Momma, are we almost there?" Lucas asks anxiously from the back seat.

"Almost there baby. Almost there." I say, turning left onto the road Caleb lives on.

"Mom, I can see Dad's house!" Lucas squeals in the back seat. I turn into the driveway and put the car into park. Lucas unbuckles his car seat and jumps out of the car.

"Lucas, get over here!" I say, laughing at his excitement.

"But!" He squeals, just about to the front door.

"Come get your bag." I say, pulling his bag out of the back. Lucas starts walking back towards my car when Caleb opens the front door.

"Hey kiddo! Come here!" Caleb exclaims, walking out onto the front porch.

"Dad!" Lucas sqeals, turning around and running back to Caleb. I grab the three bags from the back and walk up to the front porch.

"Hey Sweet pea." Caleb greets, planting a kiss on my forehead and taking the bags from my hands. "Hey bud, take your bag up to your room."

"Okay!" Lucas says, running into the house.

"I missed you." Caleb says, setting my bags on the ground and giving me a soft kiss.

"I missed you too." I say, smiling. "Lucas could hardly sleep on the drive down here. He was like, when are we gonna be there are we there yet?"

"That is your son!" Caleb says, pulling me closer.

"That is all you. I am the quiet one!" I say, pulling him into the house.

"How long are you guys down here?" Caleb asks, putting my bags in his room.

"Two, three weeks maybe." I say, laughing a little.

"How do you not know!" He exclaims, laughing.

"Beats me!" I say, walking towards him.

Caleb wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me close to his chest. "I love you Cassidy." Caleb says before leaning down and pressing a soft kiss on my lips. I bring my hands up and wrap them around his neck.

"Mom, did you pack my glove?" Lucas asks, running down the stairs. I quickly pull away from the kiss and answer Lucas.

"Yeah its in Mommy and Daddy's room." I say, nodding towards our room.

"Okay." Lucas says, walking into the living room.

"Hey bud, are you hungry?" Caleb asks, squatting so he's close to Lucas's height.

"Yeah!"

"Okay, should we go over to Grandma and Grandpa's house for supper?" Caleb asks, sticking his hand out for me to help him up. I grab his hand and begin to pull him up.

"Yeah!" Lucas says as Caleb pulls me down onto him.

"Ofta!" I grunt, laying on Caleb's chest. Lucas is laughing so hard, he looks like he in pain and Caleb is softly chuckling. "He is most definitely your child." I say, placing a light kiss on his cheek. Pushing myself up so I'm sitting on Caleb's legs, Lucas regains his composure.

"Should we be going then?" Caleb question, putting his hands on my knees.

"Yeah, come on!" Lucas squeals, running towards the front door.

"Your car?" Caleb asks, letting me stand up and then following suit.

"Sure. Lucas's car seat is still in there. Do you want to drive?" I ask, brushing off my under armor shorts.