Chapter 13

Cassidy's POV

Three weeks later

"Janelle, wanna get our nails done after school?" I ask as she slips into the passenger seat of my car.

"Sure. I need a girls day with my sister I never had!" She says, smiling. Janelle and I have had a sister-like bond since Zack and I started dating.

"Great! That will be so much fun!" I squeal, starting my car and backing out of their driveway.

We arrive a school a short while later and we go our separate ways. I stop at my locker and put my bag away and get my first hour material. Walking down the hallway, I stop at Ronnie's locker.

"Well hi there stranger!" Ronnie says, closing her locker door.

"Hiya!" I say, laughing a little. "Where is everybody today? Zack's sick. Tobie and Anthony aren't here. That's like three of my mains gone! What are they dying off? Going extinct?" Ronnie laughs at my confusion and I laugh along.

"I'm sure they're just sick. It's that time of they year again you know." Ronnie says, walking with me to our first hour study hall. I groan in response and continue walking to study hall. "So what are your plans for after school?"

"Janelle and I are going to get our nails done. Like sister bonding time." I say, taking a seat at our back table. "Anything your doing?"

"I going out with Reed and Foxy tonight." She says, smiling. Ronnie gives nicknames to anybody and everybody. Reed's real name is actually Dakota and Foxy's real name is Eli. I don't really know how she comes up with these names but I don't ask.

"Why are you going out with Reed and Foxy? You know they're just a bad influence on you." I say, looking at the time.

"We're friends and we just want to have a good time with good friends." Ronnie says, pulling out her pre-calc notebook.

"Whatever." I say, pulling out my vet science notebook and begin doodling in it. I doodle for a while before my phone goes off with a message.

I open it and notice it's from Jace from Lousiana. We haven't talked since our summer romance.

Hey baby. I miss you.

I roll my eyes at the message before responding.

Hi. And you probably don't miss me you probably miss looking at my body which you used me for.

You and me were meant for each other though babe. I love you.

Your probably drunk. Go to bed or something.

He responds multiple more times before I finally ignore him and continue on with my doodling.

A little while after I start doodling again, Janelle texts me.

Cass, I think I'm getting what Zack has. Could you drive me home?

Of course hun. Meet me in the office.

"Ron, I'll be back. I have to run Janelle home. She's sick too. I'll be back before our first block is done." I say, getting up from my chair.

"Okay. I'll see you in a few." Ronnie says, continuing with her doodles. I walk to my locker and grab my keys and walk into the office.

"Thanks so much Cass, I felt fine this morning." Janelle says as we walk out to my car.

"No problem. I hope you feel better soon." I say, sliding into my seat. I'm back at school within ten minutes. Checking in at the office, I head back to my first block. "Ronnie, want to come get your nails done with me tonight?"