Chapter 8

Cassidy's POV

"Okay class, your homework is a two page paper on the person who inspires or inspired you the most." my English teacher announces. 

"Really, two pages?" Zack complains, turning towards me. 

"It's not that bad. Just wait until college." I say, laughing at his face. "It won't be hard. I think it'll be quite easy." 

"Class dismissed." the teacher announces. Zack and I get up from our desks and head to our lockers.

"So babe what are you doing tonight?" Zack asks, putting his arm around me.

"I don't know. I think I had plans with Ronnie and Tobie." I say, stopping at my locker. I put my books in my locker and close it.

"Are you guys like doing a girls night?" he asks, heading down to his locker.

"Yeah we're doing a movie night. I think Ace is coming and possibly Travis. You can come if you want babe." I say, looking up at him.

"Okay baby. Only cause I love you." He says, smiling.

"I love you too. Now let's go get some lunch I'm starving." I say, stopping at his locker. 

"Babe, when aren't you hungry?" Zack asks, laughing lightly. 

"Oh like you should be talking!" I say, laughing. "But seriously I need food like now." We walk into the cafeteria and get food. I got a bowl of grapes and strawberries and a turkey sandwich along with a bottle of water.

"Is that all your gonna eat?" Zack asks, joining me by my side.

"Yeah." I say nodding. "If I'm still hungry, I'll just eat some of your food." I smile, and laugh a little while walking towards our table.

"Cass!" the guys at the table greet me in unison. 

"Hey guys!" I say, taking a seat next to Ace with Zack taking the chair next to me. 

"How you doin' girl?" Ace asks, sounding like girl. 

"Terrible! First off, the cashier at Starbucks spelled my name wrong and then Jenny sat by me in English and ugh!" I say, sarcasm dripping from my lips. Everybody at the table bust up laughing and I laugh along. 

"Oh my gosh that is just terrible!" Ace says, recovering from his laughter. I just smile and begin to eat my sandwich. 

"Babe what are you writing about for your paper for English?" Zack asks, opening up his laptop. 

"I'm writing about some people I met down in Nashville." I say, putting the heading on my paper. "What do you plan on writing about?" 

"I don't know. What should I write about?" he asks, resting his head on my pillow. 

"I have no idea babe. No idea."

Cassidy Taylor       English 10      3-3

What or who inspires me the most?

At the age of fifteen, I lost my parents in a fatal car accident on the first day of my sophomore year. Over the years I was always a Daddy's girl. He was always there for me whether I had a question on my math homework or when I needed somebody to practice softball with. My dad was the first person to introduce the game of softball to me. I remember that day like it was just a few days ago, I was just a five year old little girl with an interest in baseball. My favorite team was the Milwaukee Brewers because father like daughter you know. He decided to take me to a softball game instead of a baseball game like usual. It was the LSU Tigers against the Wisconsin Badgers. That was the day I fell in love with the game with the name of softball. 

"How far have you gotten?" Zack asks, looking in my direction. 

"I have about a paragraph. Have you gotten anywhere?" I ask, saving my paper.

"Yeah. I started writing about how I look up to my mom." Zack says, flashing a small smile.

"Cassidy, your friends are here." my grandpa says, poking his head into my room. 

"Okay, thanks." I say flashing a smile. Getting up off my bed, I go and let Tobie, Ronnie, and Ace and Travis. We all head downstairs to the basement and throw in a movie. "What movie? The Lucky one or Cars?"

"The Lucky One first! And then Cars!" Tobie squeals, snuggling into Ace's arms. 

"I'm game for whatever." Ronnie says, joining Travis on the couch. 

"Okay so The Lucky One it is!" I say, putting the movie in. I snuggle up to Zack and press play and the movie starts. 

About half way into the movie, Zack rubs his hand along my thigh to get my attention. I look up and shoot a questioning face at him.

"Snacks?" he whispers in my ear softly. I nod my head and get up from the couch quietly so I don't make to much noise and walk upstairs quietly with Zack trailing close behind me. Once we reach the kitchen, he turns me around ever so smoothly and places his lips on mine. I run my hands through his hair as Zack's hands caress my face. He lifts me up so I'm sitting on the island in the kitchen and continues to kiss me, trailing down my neck. 

I hear someone clear their throats behind us and I immediately jump down from the island and turn around to see my grandma standing there with her arms crossed in front of her. I look at Zack and his face is full of embarrassment. "What do you two think you were doing? And you young lady you know better than to sit on my counter tops." 

"Sorry ma'am. It won't happen again." Zack says before I could get any words out of my mouth. 

"It better not." my grandma mumbles before she heads back up to her bedroom. 

"Ugh." I mumble to myself. "Lets just get the snacks and go back downstairs. I would hate to encounter her again." 

"I'm sorry. I should have known." Zack says, placing a kiss on the top of my head. 

"It's fine. Just go back downstairs before they start to wonder where we went." I say, ushering him out of the kitchen. Once Zack was going downstairs, I made bowls of popcorn and got a few bags of chips out of the cupboards. I take them downstairs and set them on the table a few feet in front of the T.V. I sit back by Zack and watch the rest of the movie.

<><><><><><><><><><>

"Cassidy get up here!" Grandma yells down the basement steps. I carefully crawl out from Zack's embrace and go upstairs unwillingly.

"Yes?" I ask, leaning against the wall.

"You're grounded for two weeks. No hanging out with friends. No friends coming over here. And that means every friend including your boyfriend."

"What that's not fair! It was one time!" I squeak trying not to wake everybody downstairs.

"What are you two arguing about now?" Grandpa questions walking downstairs from his room.

"Cassidy was misbehaving last night and now she's grounded for two weeks." Grandma explained.

"What was she doing?" He asks, standing next to both of us 

"I caught her kissing Zack in the kitchen and she was sitting on top of the counter tops." she said, placing her hands on her hips.

"Ugh I'll take the punishment. Just get off my case it was one time." I say turning my back on her. I go back downstairs and wake everybody up and inform them that they have to go home. 

Hey Guys! Sorry it took so long to get this chapter up! Hopefully I can get the next chapter up soon! I'm just going to warn you guys now, there are going to be quite a few time skips within the next few chapters. I hope you enjoy!

Much Love, 

Cass-Dog