Chapter 11

Cassidy's POV

I slip out of my athletic clothes and put on my bikini I got just a few weeks ago. Throwing my hair up in a messy bun on top of my head, I grab my sunglasses and go back upstairs to get a towel from the towel closet. Once I have my towel, I walk out onto the back patio and sit on the edge of the deck.

Somebody picks me up from behind and carries me down by the pool. I look up and notice it's Jace. "Hey! Put me down!" I squeal, trying to jump out of his arms.

"Never!" Jace yells before he jumps in the pool with me.

"Jace! You're crazy!" I squeal, pushing water at his face. I swim over to Jace and look around for Blake. "Wait, where's Blake?" As if on cue, he comes barreling off the deck and jumps into the pool getting water everywhere.

"Cass! Why didn't we get the water slide out yet?" Blake asks, poking his head out of the water.

"Oh my gosh! I totally forgot about it! Let's go get it now!" I say, jumping out of the pool and running over to the shed. After rummaging around in the shed for five minutes, we managed to pull it out and get it set up by the pool.

~*~*~*

"Yo Cass! Get over here and play cornhole with me!" Blake yells, pulling my attention from the volleyball game we have going in our yard. I push myself out on my chair and take Jace over to the cornhole set with me.

"You know your the demanding cousin right?" I say, laughing and picking up my bags.

After I beat Blake in two games of cornhole, Jace and I go to get some food front inside our garage.

"Cassidy!" Someone squeals from behind me. I turn around and to my surprise it was Julie and her parents.

"Oh my gosh! How'd you know I was here?" I ask, running towards her and wrapping her in a massive bear hug.

"Well your Aunt and Uncle invited us and I had no idea until now!" Julie explains, pulling out of my massive hug.

"I've missed you so much man! It's crazy and Wisconsin sucks without you and Bethany." I say, looking out at the front yard. "How is Bethany by the way? I haven't seen her since like my last break from on tour with Taylor."

"She's doing a lot better. Her cancer counts are dropping more and more each time she get lab done." Julie says, smiling. "So why don't you tell me about your new boy." She gives a nod towards Jace and I blush.

"Well we actually just met last night but we kicked it off. He's really sweet and loving." I say, smiling. "Jace, come meet Julie." He appears by my side withing a second or two and throws his arm around me.

"Hey, I'm Jace it's nice to meet you guys." He says, letting a friendly smile come across his face.

"It's nice to meet you Jace, I'm Julie." Julie says, flashing a smile.

"So how are you and Sam? You two are still together right?" I ask, peeling Jace's arm off of my shoulders and slipping my hand into his.

"We're still together. It's just a little bumpy right now but we'll get through it." She says, smiling.

"So has um Hunter been good since I left?" I ask, looking at my bare feet.

"Uh yeah. He and uh what's her name now? Oh yeah he and Bridget are good." She says nervously.

"I didn't hear anything since I left. So has he like changed or anything?" I ask, leaning up against Jace.

"Umm can we like go talk in your room?" Julie asks, shifting her weight to her left leg.