Chapter 14

Cassidy's POV

Graduation Day

"The class of 2014 has been waiting for what seems like a lifetime for this moment." Ace starts out for his class message. I zone out for the rest of his speech and the few others who have to give their speeches.

After the speeches were over with, the Dean of Students and our Guidance Counselor announced our names and plans for after school. I was one of the first few people to get my diploma. "Ronnie Farley, Daughter of Brice Farley." Mr. Revere announces as Ronnie begins to walk across the stage.

"Ronnie will be attending University of Wisconsin Madison pursuing a degree in communication." Mrs. Christopherson announces as Ronnie receives her diploma.

"Cassidy Taylor, daughter of Richard and Connie Hiller." Mr. Revere announces as I start to walk across the stage towards Mrs. Christopherson.

"Cassidy will be attending Louisiana State University to pursue a degree in Veterinary Technology while playing softball." Mrs. Christopherson announces, giving me a small smile. I receive my diploma from a faculty member and get a few pictures taken before I go to sit down.

The rest of the ceremony went by in a blur, and the next thing I knew I was back at my house getting ready for my graduation party. I walk into my room with Zack on my tail.

"I can't believe we just graduated. Last time I checked I just moved here!" I say, slipping out of my black cap and gown.

"I know. Our high school days are over and that means college." Zack says, falling onto my bed. I walk into my closet and pull out my favorite sundress for my party. Closing the closet door, I slip out of my other clothes and slip into my dress. I grab my heels and walk out of the closet. "Darlin' your dress is a little short." Zack's eyes run up and down my body and I blush a little.

"I can't help it. It's the only size that fit me!" I say, digging in one on my many drawers to find a pair of spandex. After I found a pair, I slip them on under my dress. I walk into the bathroom across the hall from my room and touch up my hair.

"Babe, hurry up." Zack complains as I walk back into my room.

"You complain a lot, you know that?" I ask, sitting down on my bed next to him.

"Yeah I know but you love me and my complaints." He says, pulling me into a kiss. I smile and kiss him back.

"I love you." I whisper as I pull away.

"I love you too darling." Zack says, placing a small kiss on my lips. "You should probably go help your grandparents get ready for your party. I'll be back later." Zack pushes up off my bed and walks towards my door.

"Okay. See you later babe." I say, rolling off my bed. I walk outside into the garage and help get the food and everything ready.

"Hey Cass!" Somebody squeals from behind me. I turn around to see Tobie running towards me.

"T! I'm so glad you made it!" I squeal, pulling her into a hug.

"I wouldn't miss your grad party!" Tobie says, pulling away from the hug.

"I though you had your grad party today? Aren't you supposed to be there?" I ask, leaning against one of the tables.

"My parents said I could come over here for a while before my party!" She squeals, letting a smile come across her face.

"Your parents are the best!" I say, laughing. "Hey, let's go inside. I'm not really any help out here anyways." Walking back into the house, we walk downstairs and take a seat on one of the many couches.