Chapter 24

Cassidy's POV

As the months pass by, my stomach seemed to be growing by the day. I'm nearing the end my third trimester at 35 weeks. Zack has been here for me almost the entire pregnancy even though he's at training again. He said he'll be back before the birth and I really hope he's going to keep up his end of the bargin.

"Cass, you ready to go?" Ace asks, adjusting his sweatshirt.

"Yeah. Where are we going again?" I ask, pushing myself up off of the couch.

"Uh, you need to get some baby things yet. You know it could come tomorrow, but hopefully it won't." Ace says, grabbing my jacket off the coat rack.

"Oh yeah, that's right." I say, facepalming myself. "We need to go to Target for sure. Oh, and Kohl's."

"Okay. Well let's roll sweet thang." Ace says, tossing me my jacket.

I slip my jacket on and head out to Ace's car, locking the door on the way out. "Goodness! Why didn't you tell me it was this cold?" I shout, speed walking to his car.

"It's spring in Wisconsin you nut! You should know by now!" Ace shouts back, sliding into the car.

"Ugh." I grumble, finally reaching his car. Sliding in, I buckle up before Ace drives off.

"Target first?" Ace questions, pulling onto the main road.

"Yeah. I'll probably have the best luck there." I say, looking out the window. We arrive in the Target parking lot withing a few minutes. I unbuckle and slide out to the car. Ace waits for me being his car and pulls me into his side as we walk into the store.

"Okay, well you have a crib already. That just needs to be set up. How about bedding and colors?" Ace suggests, walking towards the baby section.

"Well we're going to have to do a color that can go either way because this sucker is going to surprise me." I say, pointing to my stomach. "What do you think of like a olive green or a tan color?"

"I think olive green would be cute. I mean green can go both ways." Ace says, nodding his head. His phone goes off as I look at some of the possibilities. Glancing in his direction, I notice a small smile forming on his face.

"What's got you smiling?" I ask, directing my attention back to the crib accessories.

"Nothing. My mom just sent me a picture from Facebook." Ace says, looking up from his phone. "Basically a video of how my life was in high school." By now, the grin on his face was huge.

"Oh goodness. You concern me some days." I say, chuckling a little. After looking at the bedding for a little while yet, I decide on a pattern of olive green that would go with either a boy or a girl. "Do you like this?"

"Oh that one is nice. I think that's a keeper." Ace says, smiling. As I walk towards the cart, a voice sounds over the intercom.

If there is a Miss. Cassidy Taylor in the store, would she please come to the service desk? Miss. Cassidy Taylor to the service desk please.

"That's weird, why would the know I'm here? More importantly, how?" I mumble, mainly to myself. I toss the bedding in the cart and head up to the service desk with Ace by my side.

"Cassidy Taylor?" An elderly lady asks from behind the counter.

"That would be me." I say, looking around.

"We have a gift for you. There should be an associate coming with it soon." She says, flashing a friendly smile.

"Thanks." I say, smiling. I lean into Ace's side as I wait for the associate. It couldn't have been more than three minutes before I heard someone behind me.