Chapter 19

Cassidy's POV

After the whole talking to Hunter after how many years took place earlier, I've been in my room at my aunts house watching some of my favorite movies.

"Knock knock." Blake says, peeking his head into my room.

"Come in." I mumble, returning my gaze back to my computer. Blake put my movie on pause, causing my attention to snap back to him. "What the heck was that for?"

"You've been down here since you returned from Mrs. Hayes' earlier. And your really crabby compared to earlier. What happened?" Blake questions, his voice calm but stern.

"Nothing. It's just nothing." I say as convincing as possible.

"Uh huh sure. Now what's really wrong Cass? Did somebody hurt you?"

"No. It's actually the other way around." I mumble. "Remember Hunter?"

Blake nods his head, "Yeah I do. What's wrong with him?"

"Well we broke up a little over four years ago because I had to move back in with my grandparents. For the first few day after the breakup we were talking and then all of a sudden he just stopped calling and texting me." I say, looking at my twiddling thumbs. "We haven't talked since and tonight was the first time talking to him since Zack and I started dating. I tried to make a civil conversation but he was so rude Blake. I don't think he meant to be but still." By now I was choking back the tears that I never let fall.

"I'm sorry Cass. And your right he probably didn't mean what he said." Blake says, pulling me in for a small hug. "I'll go get some ice cream from up stairs and I get some good movies and we can have a night to ourselves. Just like the old days." He pushes himself up off of my bed and exits my room. Once he was out of hearing distance, I pull out my phone and dial Zack's number. He answers on the third ring.

"Hello?"

"Zack, we need to talk." I say, laying back on my bed.

"Cassidy what's wrong?" Zack asks, worry in his tone. One thing about Zack is that he never calls me by my full name unless he's serious mad or worried.

"I think we need to take a break. I love you and all but my mind is so cluttered with thoughts that I don't even understand." I say, rubbing my face with my free hand. "And no this is not because of the pregnancy scare--"

"Pregnancy scare?" A voiced asked from my doorway. I turn to see Blake standing there with two tubs of Ben & Jerry's ice cream in his arms and two spoons. Flashing his an I'll-explain-later look, I continue on with the conversation.

"Sorry. My cousin just showed up. Like I was saying, I think it's just best that we take a break for a while. You know still talk and what not. But you know. I'm sorry."

"Oh alright I understand." Zack mumbles.

"I'm sorry. It's just until I can clear my head and understand the thoughts." I say, closing my eyes tightly.

"Yeah. I best be going. I'm leaving for training in a few hours. Bye Cassidy."

"Bye." I mumble, peeling my phone away from my ear. I sit back up on my bed just to be bombarded by Blake.

"Explain." Blake says, setting the ice cream on my bed and taking a seat opposite of me on my bed.

"Okay um well Zack had a week off from training and decided to visit with me for a while. And we'll things happened and he didn't know if we used protection and yeah. There you go pregnancy scare." I say, avoiding eye contact with Blake.

"If he would have gotten you pregnant I would have personally cut off his prized possessions." Blake says, opening up his ice cream.

"Blake!" I squeal, punching his arm lightly.