chapter 16

Cassidy's POV

I started college little over a month ago and practice started a week after. Zack left to join the army after I left. He now has a week off before he has to leave for training in North Carolina and is spending it with me.

"Zack, you're staying tonight. This is possibly our last night together." I say, looking at my feet.

"Cass, you know I have to be back to help my sister and mom move into the new house." Zack says, grabbing my hands.

"Please stay one more night Zack, please." I beg, squeezing his hands. "Please.."

"Fine, only 'cause I love you and I missed you like crazy." Zack says, placing a kiss on my lips. It was getting late so I decided to get ready for bed.

"Zack, I'm gonna go get in the shower. I think you know where everything is by now." I say, grabbing a towel off one of the many racks I have in my room. I walk out of my room and down the hall to the bathroom. I slip out of my clothes and hang them on the hooks that are on the outside of the showers. I hang my towel there as well. Turning my shower on, I realize I forgot my shampoo, conditioner, and other soaps. Reaching for my towel, I wrap it around my still dry body and walk back to my room and get my tote. By the time I get back to my shower, the water is hot and I quickly place my towel on the hook and begin my shower.

I walk back to the room thirity minutes later feeling refreshed even though it's close to 10:45 at night. "Hey baby, how was your shower?" Zack asks, standing up from my bed.

"Good!" I say, laughing a little. Zack walks closer until I could feel his cool breath on my neck.

"You look extremely sexy right now babe." he whispers, starting to kiss my neck. His hands find my hips and I bring my hands up around his torso, pulling at the seams of his shirt. Fluently, Zack pulls his shirt off, revealing his perfectly toned body. I quickly find his lips, wanting more and more by the second. I begin to unbuckle his pants while he slowly slips out of them, leaving him in only his boxers. Breaking the kiss momentarily, Zack pulls me over to my bed and takes my towel off, throwing it on the floor. He carefully lifts me up and places me on my bed while he hovers over my still damp body.

"Zack." I moan while he places kisses all over my body. He then gradually makes his way back up to my lips.

I wake up without the strong embrace I love so much. I wrap one of the many blankets from my bed around me and notice Zack is pacing back and forth on the otherside of my room. "Zack?" I ask still half asleep. He doesn't respond. "Zack? What's wrong babe?"

"Cassidy, we um need to talk.." Zack starts, trailing off. "Last night.. I-I might not have been as careful as I should have been.."

"Zack you're not for real... Are you?" I say, thinking about last night.

"Cassidy, I'm sorry. I screwed everything up." Zack says, sitting down on the bed with me.

"You're not the one that's screwed though. I'm screwed.. I'm most likely missing this season if I am pregnant." I mumble, resting my head on his shoulder.

"But let's look at the bright side, if you are pregnant, we're going to have a beautiful baby boy or girl. And that baby is ours. Not just yours, not just mine, ours." Zack says, placing a light kiss on my forehead. "I better get going. I have to get a plane ticket yet. I love you Cass. I don't know when I'll be done with training, but as soon as I am, I will come visit you."

"Alright. Bye baby. I love you." I say, picking my head up and placing a kiss on his lips. After he leaves my room, I go dig through my closet to find some clean clothes.