Chapter 5

Cassidy's POV

"Surprise!" Hunter says, smiling.

"What? How?" I ask, taking a step towards Zack.

"Well when you showed me a picture of you two at school on like your second day, I decided I would do something nice for you two." Zack explained, smiling.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I say, wrapping Zack in a hug.

"No problem Cassidy. It's the least I could do." Zack says, placing a kiss on the top of my head. "Now talk to Hunter for a while I have to get something from the car." He hands me the computer and I watch him walk out of the barn.

"Hunter." I say, smiling. "It's really you."

"It's really me." Hunter says, smiling.

"I miss you so much Hunt." I say, taking a seat on the ground.

"I miss you too, Cass. You have no idea." Hunter looks away for a second, quickly looks back. "You look beautiful tonight by the way."

"Thanks Hunt. So you and Zack have been talking for a while?" I ask, not sure what to ask.

"Yeah. Well he actually got a hold of me through Dann. Dann told me about him and I remembered the picture you showed me a week ago. I called him and he told me you missed me and we decided to surprise you." Hunter explained, smiling.

"You two are seriously the best." I say, smiling.

"Hold on, I have a call." Hunter says, getting up from his seat. I sit there, wondering what Zack had to get from the car. He suddenly appears by my side and smiles.

"Hi, can I have this dance?" he asks, smiling. And just as he asked that a very familiar song started to play, Wanted. He takes my hand and pulls me up and I place my hands on his shoulders. He places his hands on my hips and we sway back and forth to the song. When were almost through the first chorus, I look up at Zack and smile. I look into his big brown eyes and get lost in them until I hear singing from the computer. I snap my head towards the computer and see Hunter along with his band.

"You did this! You did this for me." I whisper up to Zack. He smiles down at me and I return the smile. His hands make their way to my face, caressing in. He slowly leaned down, slowly closing the distance. I close my eyes just before his soft lips grazed mine. He slowly pressed his lips to mine again and I smiled. We pull apart and rest our forehead against each others. I open my eyes to see Zack with a smile across his face. I take my hand and graze my thumb along his cheek bone down his jaw line before reaching up and placing another kiss on his soft lips.

"I've wanted to do that since the day we ran into each other at school." Zack says, smiling. "You're so beautiful Cassidy."

"Zack?" I ask, smiling.

"Yes beautiful?" he questions, opening his eyes.

"You are really the best." I say, smiling.

"Cassidy, umm, will you be my girlfriend?" Zack asks, rubbing circles on my cheek with his thumb. I look into his chocolate brown eyes and see something I hadn't seen since Nashville. I remember the promise I made to Sam. 

I nod my head and smile. "Yes." I reply. Zack leans down and places a kiss on my lips. He pulls away after a little bit and smiles.

"Umm, guys. Still here." Hunter says, laughing awkwardly.

"Sorry Hunt!" I say, pulling Zack over to the laptop.

"Cass, how come your so short?" Hunter asks, a big grin spreading quickly across his face.