Chapter 17

Cassidy's POV

In a hurry I dial Jana's number. She answers on the second ring.

"What's the news?" Jana says, knowing why I was calling.

"I'm not pregnant!" I say, feeling extremely relieved.

"Aww I'm not going to be an auntie. But I'm so glad you'll still be playing ball!" She says. I hear a door shut on her side of the line.

"I know me too. Who's there?" I ask, questioning about the door.

"The roommate." She says.

"Oh I got you." I say, standing up and pulling out some clothes from my closet. "Okay, I just thought I'd let you know that. I'm going to visit family today."

"Okay, have fun! Don't get into to much trouble!" Jana says, laughing.

"I'll try not to! Bye girl!" I say, hanging up. I get in the shower shortly after and rinse the sweat and grime off my body from the practice earlier.

After I'm all dried off, I slip into a pair of black under armor shorts and a old softball t-shirt. I grab my phone and small travel bag and walk out to my car. On the way out, I dial my aunts number and let her know I'm on my way to their house.

After a hour or so of driving, I finally reach their house. I grab my travel bag out of the back seat and walk up to the front door. Knocking twice, I let myself in and smile. "I'm home!" I squeal, kicking my shoes off on the rug.

"I'm in the kitchen!" My Aunt Kelly shouts from a few rooms away. I skip into the kitchen to be greeted by Kelly and a small plate of my favorite food.

"For me? You shouldn't have Aunt Kelly." I say, smiling. I sit down at the bar and indulge in the delicious food.

"Taste you food girl!" Kelly says, slapping my arm lightly. I laugh and continue to fill my face. Once I'm done, I take my plate and rinse it off before setting it in the dishwasher.

"Hey Kelly, I'm going to go visit some old friends. I don't know when I'll be back but if I'm not back by nine you can go to bed. No need to stay up waiting for me." I say, slipping out of the kitchen and towards the entry way.

"Okay! Be safe! Don't do drugs!" Kelly shouts before I close the door. I walk over to my car and slip into the drivers seat and rummage through my bag.

"Please be in here." I whisper, digging through multiple papers. "Thank goodness." I place the paper on top of my bag and pull out of the drive way.

After driving for a bit I pull up to modest house that has many memories within the walls. I put my car in park before killing the engine and walking up to the front door. Knocking a few times, I wait for an answer. I wipe my palms against my shirt before the door flies open.

"Hello? Cassidy?" Lynette answers, her famous smile no longer on her face.

"Hi Mrs. Hayes." I say, quietly.

"Oh Cassidy darlin'" Lynette says, wrapping me in a hug. I've missed her hugs so much. "Come in hun. We have some catching up to do." She pulls me into the comforting house and I smile.

"So Mrs. Hayes, how have you been?" I ask, taking a seat in the kitchen.

"I've been pretty good. Keeping up with Hunter and his life. The usual." She says, laughing a bit. "Anything new with you?"

"Uh yeah, I'm actually attending school down here now and playing softball at LSU." I say, taking in the house.

Not much has changed. The kitchen is still the same shade of pale blue as is the dining room. There are a few more pictures than I remember but who doesn't accumulate more pictures over the years.