Chapter 10

Cassidy's POV

July 3rd

"Cass, are you almost ready to go?" Blake asks, poking his head into the bathroom where I'm putting the finishing touches on my hair. "I don't understand why girls have to look so nice just to go to a party! I mean your hair and makeup don't look the same halfway through the party!" I laugh and walk out of the bathroom back into my room.

"We do this because if we go looking like we were just regurgitated by a giant gorilla, we wouldn't be able to pick up any of the guy!" I say, grabbing my phone off my bed and turning to look at Blake.

"Regurgitated by a gorilla?" he asks, laughing a little.

"Well yeah!" I say, smiling. I do a quick outfit check before we leave my room. White short shorts along with one of my favorite tank tops to go out in. After we take a quick selfie, were on our way to the party with his parents. Once were at the party, we part ways with his parents and go over where all his friends are.

"Hey guys!" Blake says, walking into the garage. I follow close behind, inspecting the garage and the people.

"Hey bro!" One of his friends greets, walking up to him. "Woah, who's this pretty lady?"

"That's my cousin, Cassidy. Cassidy, this is my friend Jace." Blake says, turning so I can get a better view of Jace. He's tall and built. He has shaggy brown hair and bright blue eyes.

"Hey." I say, getting a burst of confidence.

"Hey." Jace says, leaning against a the wall.
"Bro don't even think of hitting on my little cousin tonight." Blake says, pulling my eyes off of Jace.

"He wasn't hitting on me." I say, glancing at Jace and smiling. "And I'm not that much younger than you. I can take care of myself."

"Okay what ever you say Cass." Blake says, heading over by the coolers.

"So, why haven't I seen you around here?" Jace asks, flashing an alluring smile.

"I live in Wisconsin. I'm down here in my hometown for the summer." I say, taking a step closer.

"Oh well that suck that you live in Wisconsin. But we have the whole summer ahead yet." He says, winking.

"Oh do we now?" I say, running my hand through my hair.

"We do." He says, throwing an arm around me. "Why don't we get you something to drink." I smile as we walk over to the coolers and pull out a water. I look over and see Blake drinking a Coors. Thinking about putting my water back and getting g a beer, I remember Blake is a year older than me.

"So how do you know Blake?" I ask, cuddling up next to Jace in the grass outside the garage. There's a large group out there playing sand volleyball, including Blake.

"We go to school together. And we're in a bunch of shop classes together." Jace explains, pulling me between his legs. I turn to face him and smile. He smiles back down at me and places a light kiss on my forehead. "Your so adorable."

"Thanks." I say, smiling. I reach up and take his baseball cap off his head and place it on mine with a mischievous smile on my face. I pull my phone out of my back pocket and open instagram. Jace and I take a selfie and I caption it with Like asthma, you take my breath away♡

"You are so cheesy." Jace says, laughing at my caption. I smile up at him and he kisses my lips softly. He pulls away and smiles. "Your lips taste so good."

I smile in return before asking, "Do you wanna come over tomorrow? We're having a Forth of July party and I'd love it if you came over."

"I don't see why I can't come over." he says, resting his chin on top of my head.