Chapter 22

Cassidy's POV

After a few more weeks of packing and spending time with Caleb, I've finally managed to move back up to Wisconsin. Caleb and I both decided to end the little fling we had going between us.

I told Ace I was moving back to Wisconsin and he was ecstatic. He offered to pick me up at the Madison airport.

Grabbing my backpack and carry-on, I exit the plane and walk down the hallway. After making it through the maze of rhe hallway, I finally see Ace on the otherside of the doors. I pick up my pace and walk through the doors to greet Ace.

"Acey!" I squeal, setting my bags down and throwing my arms around him. "I miss you."

"I missed you too Cass. You have no idea." Ace says, pulling out of the hug and taking my bags.

"I have so much to tell you." I say, heading towards the baggage claim. Ace follows me closely as I wait for my suitcase. "My other boxes and suitcases were already flown to my new apartment."

"I'm spending the night. We need to have a best friend bonding night." Ace says, smiling.

"I don't have furniture in my apartment yet." I say, laughing.

"Hey, that's okay. I'll bring over blankets and we can make a makeshift bed in the middle of the living room!" Ace says, throwing an arm around my shoulder and pulling me closer. "Love you Cass."

"Love you too, Acey-poo" I say, smiling.

*~*~*~

"Cass, are you for real?" Ace asks, putting his hands on my shoulders.

"I am completely serious. I wouldn't lie about that." I say, putting my hands on his shoulders and shaking him a little.

"I can't believe he almost got you pregnant." Ace says, shaking his head.

"Right. I mean yeah it was spur of the moment but still." I say, tossing my back on my pillow.

"Are you guys still separated?" Ace asks out of the blue.

"Yeah. And to be completely honest, I think this was good. I mean I was constantly busy and he was in training. We were never able to talk and the pregnancy scare didn't help either."

"I don't blame you. Are you seeing anybody or have you seen anyone since you two separated?"

"Ace, what's with all these personal questions?" I ask, laughing. "And yeah. I was seeing one of the LSU basketball player for like the last three weeks I was down there. But we both decided it was best to end it."

"It's good it was mutual." Ace says, pulling the covers up to his chin.

"We did something that I have never done on firat dates though." I say, covering my face with my hands.

"You guys did it didn't you." Ace says, looking up at the ceiling.

"Yeah." I say, trailing off. "Oh my gosh. I'm so stupid. When I was younger I used to say I was going to wait until after marriage. Look at me now. I was a seniorin high school when I lost it."

"Cass, your not stupid. Things just changed." Ace says, pulling me closer.

"Ace, how do you put up with me? I'm a mess at least one out of the every three times we hang out." I mumble into his chest.

"Cassidy, you are my best friend. And I love you like your my own sister. I wouldn't change a thing about you because you my best friend and sister. That's why I put up with you." Ace says, holding me tight against his chest.