Chapter 18

Hunter's POV

"Hunt, you ready to go?" Arden calls from the kitchen.

"Yeah I'll be there in a second." I say, slipping into my converse. Grabbing my phone off my bed, I stop in the bathroom to fix my hair and brush my teeth.

"Come on Hunt. We're going to be late." Arden says, leaning on the door frame. I finish up and wrap my arm around her before we leave the apartment. "Hunt just forget about the call. Please. It's tearing you apart." She places a light kiss on my cheek before we slip into my car and head to the studio.

"It's just we haven't talked since she started dating Zack." I mumble, keeping my eyes on the road.

"Hunter, you promised." she says, reaching for my hand.

"Okay, just, let's just forget this happened. Okay?" I question, placing a kiss on the back of her hand.

"Okay. I know it's hard, but we'll get through it." Arden says, smiling.

I smile in response and turn onto the familiar road. My new album is released tonight at midnight and Dann wanted me there to make sure everything was right.

Driving a while longer, I pull into the driveway of the studio and put the car in park. I get put of the car and hustle over to the passenger side to open Arden's door. She slides out, smiling as I slip my hand into her's.

"Hunter, are you ready for--" Dann starts before realizing I have Arden with me. He shoots a sideways glance towards Steve before returning towards me.

"Dann, you were saying?" I say, letting a laugh slip my lips.

"Are you two ready for the release?" He says, smiling.

"Yeah man! Who wouldn't?" I ask, smiling.

"So Hunt, not to ruin you moment, but are you two together yet?" Steve asks, smiling like an innocent five year-old.

"No. She'll know when we're together though." I say, letting a smirk come across my face.

"Oh goodness Hunter. But we need to get some last minute stuff done before you leave for the weekend." Dann says, regaining my attention.

After a few short hours, tweeking minor things, Arden and I are headed home to visit with Ma and Dad. It's about noon when we leave the studio so we should arrive sometime around nine in the evening.

"Are you ready to actually meet my parents?" I question, pulling onto the interstate.

"Surprisingly yeah. You parents seem so nice." Arden says, looking up from her book she started reading.

*~*~*~

"Ma, were home!" I shout throughout the house.

"Woah, your house is beautiful." Arden mumbles by my side.

"Oh Hunter, sweetie, You're finally home!" Ma says, sliding out the the kitchen.

"Hi Ma." I say, pulling her into a hug. After we pull away, she pulls Arden into her heart melting hugs.

"It's so nice to finally meet you Arden." Ma says, smiling.

"It's nice to finally meet you too." Arden squeaks, laughing a little.

"Is dad home yet?" I ask, walking into the kitchen to get a water.

"No. He's been working late lately. He's usually home around 9:45. He's been pretty busy." She says, join me. Arden follows and takes a seat at the bar, taking a drink of my water.