new year - fluff

+uploading at exactly 12:00am (est/new york times) because i'm THAT extra
+and yeah, i know they're in the future so it's the 2100's for them but shh
——————————————————————————
class 1-a was able to put together a new year's party in the dorms. there were drinks (which were legal of course, we have iida to check), pizza, deserts, and the good cheer of everyone around each other.

kirishima and denki were able to get some speakers in their possession, blasting music to anyone in a range of the dorms. midoriya brought decorations, and everyone of course help put them up.

though, bakugou and midoriya haven't been able to actually communicate. with everyone running around—needing help, if they somehow spotted each other though the madness, it was only for a split second until someone needed their help again.

at one point, they were standing right next to each other and before one of them could even get out a hello, midoirya was pulled away by uraraka to help set up a "concession stand", while bakugou was pulled away by denki to help make drinks.

bakugou was starting to get in a shitty mood, but i mean can you blame him? imagine you're this close to your s/o just to be pulled away again. shit was frustrating. but, in class 1-a's defense, they hadn't told anyone about their relationship; they planned to tell everyone when the time was right, so it's not really their fault.

if anything, they were trying to help by keeping the two away from each other so nothing chaotic would happen, assuming they still were conflicted of their past relationship.

as midoriya was helping set up a concession stand, he felt someone staring at him. when he looked up, he could see bakugou giving him this intense stare from across the room.

all he could do was giggle. he waved with a smile on his face, making bakugou's expression soften as he waved back.

it wasn't until it was minutes until midnight, they were finally in a talking distance of each other. as midoriya looked around for a clock, he read "11:59".

he looked at bakugou and smiled sheepishly "hey kacchan..maybe we should hold off our big new year's kiss until we get into the dorms.." he suggested.

bakugou gave him this wtf face mixed with a 'you're really an idiot'.

"fuck that, i've waited all night to kiss you" he bargained.

before midoriya could even protest, the clock struck midnight and he was kissing bakugou. everyone cheered, shouting things like "we did it!" and "a new start to a new year" until they saw the couple.

in nothing but utter confusion, the loud cheers quieted as they looked at bakugou and midoriya kissing.

bakugou felt stares and stopped kissing, only for a second just to say "we're dating fuckers".

"awh's" were heard from the girls and "hell yeah dude", "you go man" we're heard from the guys. but before things got too far between the two, iida stopped them before it got too heated..

as bakugou chuckled, suddenly in an good mood, he whispered in midoriya's ear

"happy new year nerd.."

he blushed, looking into those red eyes

"happy new year kacchan!"
——————————————————————————
happy new year to everyone reading this! (unless you're in australia or somewhere hours ahead of the us because it's already jan. 1st for you lol). if you had a shitty 2019, like i did, maybe this will be the year for us <3.

© katsudekuheadcannons on tumblr (i would put a link so you don't have to search forever on their page but it's not working, so if you wanna see the og post, just search on google/safari "tumblr katsudekuheadcannons new year")

x