fly pt.2 - angst

+request by @sir_toemura (thank you ♡)
+trigger warning: suicide mentions, hospitals?
———————————————————————————
"de..ku?"

as the teacher turned around to see one of their students falling, chaos immediately rose.

"everyone please walk to the auditorium in an ordily fashion" they said in a frantic manner (a/n: i'm sorry for they/them, i forgot what gender the teacher was for them).

as everyone scooted out their seats, they all walked out the door. low mumurs of the students who saw midoriya began speaking:

"he looked so lifeless but so at peace.."
"i wonder who made him do it.."
"do you think he'll survive?"
"are you stupid? there's solid concrete below him! there's no way."

as bakugou was the last one to leave the room, he held a distraught expression. it was so traumatic, because not even 24 hours ago, he was the one who told midoriya to kill himself.

he didn't think he would actually do it..

—in the auditorium—

all the students sat on the bleachers, separated by homerooms. sirens and wails could be heard from the inside of the building.

unlike everyone else, bakugou sat alone. not even his "gang" wanted to be associated with him; they were all in some deep shit.

suddenly, a booming voice ran across the whole room, alerting every students.

"due to an—unfortunate event—the rest of this week will be off for all JHS2 students. we have already alerted all your parents/guardians."

as teachers called their students by homeroom to grab their belongings, bakugou had already made the decision he was making a visit to the hospital.

—at his house—

as he made his way home, he opened his front door and yelled inside "I'M GOING OUT SOMEWHERE!"

walking back out, he began walking to the hospital he suspected midoriya would be in; hosu general hospital.

—at the hospital—
(sorry for all the timeskips)

walking inside, he went to the front desk and talked to a blonde lady with a blue coat on.

"is de- izuku midoriya a patient here?"

as the lady looked up at him, she looked back down at her computer. fast typing filling the room, she answered his question.

"room 408; are you a family member?"

he looked at her. him and midoriya didn't look anything similar, he couldn't just simply say his brother or cousin.

"i-i'm his boyfriend..?" he said, sounding like more of a question than a statement.

"..very well"

as he turned around, he let out a sigh of relief he didn't even know he was holding. looking at the room numbers, he noticed he was in the "100's"

heading to the nearest elevator he made his way to find midoriya.

-

getting on said elevator, he pressed the '4' button. hearing a ding and a feeling movement, he waited for the doors to open.

when the doors finally opened, he looked at the number of a door, it read "400".

finding the number 408, he hovered his hand over the knob, the guilt had hit him.

if him and his "friends" just left midoriya alone yesterday, none of this wouldn't be happening. he wouldn't have had to witness someone make a suicide attempt.

gulping, he opened the door. as midoriya's head moved a little to see who was coming in now, a slight smile appeared as he realized who.

"hey kacchan.." he said weakly.

bakugou stood there in silence. all the machines hooked up to midoriya was all because of him. the mask that was giving him the oxygen he couldn't supply himself was his fault.

everything was his fault..

he broke down. tears streaming down his face, he began apologizing endlessly.

"i'm so fucking sorry deku."

midoriya's smile fell, looking at the boy, this was his first time seeing him so vulnerable, "it's ok kaccha-"

"NO! stop saying everything is okay. look at you. you-you have all these wires and shit hooked up to you because of me; you're barely fucking hanging on! how can you always end up blaming yourself for someone's else's actions?!"

midoriya sat there in silence. he knew bakugou was always holding in something and now, more than ever, he needed someone to listen to him; but he couldn't just let him blame himself.

"you didn't see it, did you?"

bakugou looked up at him "see what?"

"my note."

he shook his head.

midoriya chuckled to himself "it wasn't important anyway. all i wrote on it was that it wasn't your fault. everything in life is just crappy for me and maybe if what you said was true..i could've gotten a quirk if i succe-"

"deku.." he interrupted, "please don't finish that shit. don't say you wish you succeeded. i know it's my fault and you do too. but if we keep arguing over who's fault it is, we're not going to get anywhere, but..maybe this will."

as he walked up to him, he embraced his body in a hug. he knew a simple hug wasn't going to fix all the twisted shit he's done, but maybe it was a possible start for their friendship.
———————————————————————————
(this is like hella uncannon and out of character but oh well) i lowkey hate this but fuck it

x