Chapter 19 - All Eyes On You

[Y/N]'s POV

I woke up to the sound of my usual alarm at 5 am. It's going to be hard trying to be the old [Y/N]... Pushing the thought away, I got into my uniform and grabbed some papers. Then I headed to Building 13's Office for my daily tasks.

As I made my way there, the same inmates tried to catcall me but I did my best ignoring them. Soon I arrived at Building 13's Office and already, I see Hajime there. "Good Morning Hajime-san," I said while going to my desk. "Good morning to you to [L/N]-san. Today you are going to be in charge of rollcall."

"Hai." I took a seat and started working on some paperwork. "Good morning everyone! It's a beautiful day to work out! HAHAHA!!" Yamato laughed heartily. "You're too loud Yamato," Hajime complained. "Good morning everyone." Seitaro smiled.

"Seitaro you're going to wake up the inmates and take them to breakfast. Also [Y/N] can you take Nico for his breakfast meds?" Hajime asked me. "Yes, sir. Let's go Seitaro." "H-hai!" He stumbled before we headed out again. None of us spoke a word in the quiet halls.

But along the way, Seitaro ensured every inmate was wakening up and was guided to go get breakfast. We approached Cell 13 and everyone in there was awake. "Good morning Seitaro~," Nico said before a yawn escaped from him. "Good morning everyone, just making everyone is awake. Nico you're going to get your morning medicine with [L/N]-san."

Nico looked over to me and saw I kept an emotionless face. "O-okay..." "Let's go before we're late," I said without waiting for Nico. He rushed to catch up with me and then followed me. Taking a quick glance at Nico, he looked like he was terrified of me.

By the time we arrived at Kazari's office, Nico scrambled into the office without a word. Looks like I scared Nico..."Good morning Nico and [Y/N]." Kagu-8 greeted us. "Good morning to you too! What's the medicine flavour today?" Nico pondered.

"Strawberry," Kagu-8 answered and he cheered. "[Y/N]," I turn my head to see Kazari next to me. "Aren't you taking this way too far?" She asked me referring to my behaviour. "I am simply doing my job. But yes, I don't to be like this anymore." I said, muttering the last part only for her to hear.

"I know what you mean. But since the higher-ups are watching you, it cannot be avoided." Kazari sighed. "Well looks like Nico is done, so you should take him to the cafeteria." She added on. "Let's go," I said and walked ahead.

Hearing a quick "bye" from Nico to the staff, he caught up with me. We made our way to the cafeteria and from there everyone was staring at me.

"I heard [Y/N] was dating someone"

"Why is she acting cold again?"

"I miss the old [Y/N]"

"Where did the smiling [Y/N] go?"

I did my best to ignore the rumours around me and grabbed a tray to get my breakfast. I was scanning around the cafeteria, to see who I should sit with but there was no one. Here we go again. "Shiro, can I take my breakfast to go?" I asked the tall ex-inmate chef.

He gave me a quiet nod and proceded to take my breakfast into a take-out box. "Thank you," I said before leaving again with everyone staring at me. I walked back to the office to eat alone. As I entered, there was no one except for Kuu who meowed at me.

"Good morning to you too Kuu." I weakly smiled. He rubbed himself against my leg and then meowed again. "You're hungry? I thought Hajime fed you." I placed my breakfast on my desk and went to get Kuu's food.

I opened the bag and already Kuu was next to me on top of the table. "Alright, just be patient." I chuckled at his behaviour. After pouring some food into his bowl, I picked up the bowl and placed it on the ground. "Here you go."