Chapter 1 - Nanba Prison

[Y/N]'s POV

"Hajime-san, I'm done with the paperwork," I said while standing up as I handed him the small pile of paper. "Thank you [L/N]-san. "Hajime- san replied. "You have the rest of the day off now." "Thank you Hajime-san, I'll be going then." "Good work today [L/N]-san!" Seitaro said cheerfully while holding a new stack of papers for Hajime-san.

"Oh [L/N]-san, there will be a new prisoner in jail 13," Hajime said. "Eh!? I don't want another person to make fun of me! Jyugo is already enough for me!" Seitaro complained. "When will he be coming?" I asked. "By 2 days from now on, I believe."

"That's good to hear." I walked out of Building 13's office and started going to the Warden's office. All prisoners were looking at me while I walked. In fact that I am the only female officer in the whole Nanba Prison makes it hard because the rest of the officers and prisoners are males.

But because the Warden is my best friend, I would never be lonely. I stopped in front of the security and went through all of the procedures. When I got to the waiting room I saw, Building 4 Supervising Officer Kenshirou Yozakura typing on his laptop. There was also Building 5 Supervising Officer Samon Gokku trying to show off his talents with his pole which he doesn't have any.

I simply ignored them and waited to be called. "Oh [L/N]-chan is here~ I wonder if she is in trouble~" Building 3 Supervising Officer Kiji Mitsuba mocked. "Maybe you're going to be in trouble because of the heavy makeup and perfume the Warrant hates." I rebuked. Kiji was furious and stomped his way to the sofa.

I heard a muffled 'enter' and the doors opened for me. As I walked in the doors closed with a big bang. I continued to walk and stopped in front of the Warrant leaving 1 meter of space. "All of you may leave now." She said and all of the guards nodded before they had left. After a few seconds of silence, Momoko Hyakushiki suddenly became a high school girl.

"[F/N]-CHAN!!!! I missed you!!" Momoko jumped on me and hugged me tight. "Did you got the report I asked you to do?" She asked. "Watching Hajime 24/7? Yeah, I got that." I handed her the file and she immediately grabbed it. "Thank you!! I'm glad that you're here ." She smiled and I smiled back. "He had gotten suspicious of me because of you." I teased and she laughed.

I had known Momoko since childhood. She was my neighbor and we instantly become good friends. Even though she is only 11 years older than me, she is my closest friend I could ever think of. She had offered me this job after I graduated from high school.

I had so much interest in criminology and working here really interested me. "I couldn't do anything with you [Y/N]-chan! I'm so grateful that you're here!" "Well, I'm just here that I can learn more about criminals." I bluntly said.

Then there was a knock on the door. Momoko coughed and cleared her voice. "Come in." She said as she immediately changed her tone of voice and Hajime came in. I looked over at Momoko and it was obvious that she was blushing but she was keeping it to herself.

"I'm sorry to but in your conversation but I have an important meeting with the Warrant." He said. "Well, that's the end of the problem with Building 13 ma'am. Permission to carry on with my duties Warrant?" I asked acting professionally again.

"Carry on." I excused myself and walked out the door. "HELLO MISS.[Y/N]!!! How are you doing today on this fine day?!"  Mitsuru Hitokoe yelled. "You're too loud Mitsuru-san," I said while covering my ears.

"But I need this voice for the morning broadcasts!" Then he dramatically posed. He also knows that Momoko likes Hajime so it kinda makes us allies I guess. "Do whatever you want I won't even care." Then walked away.

I went back to Building 13 just to check everyone for their roll call. When I got to cell 13, Jyugo was already out of his cell. I quickly ran and looked for him everywhere.