Chapter 20 - Sweet Chaos

[A/N: just letting you know, it's a long ass chapter...]

[Y/N]'s POV

As much as it was a long process the write the resignation letter, I managed to finish it on the same night I thought of it. I walked out of my apartment the next morning and made my first destination, Momoko's office.

"Enter," was heard from Momoko's office. I walked in holding onto the envelope dearly and stopped in front of her. "[Y/N], it's rare for you to come at this time but what is it?" Momoko asked as she looked up from her paperwork.

I place an envelope on Momoko's desk. "Thank you, Momoko for taking care of me." I bowed. "Are you sure about this? I know how much you were interested in studying the crimes behind the inmates. Which is why you took this job I offered. And we can protect you from the Higher-ups." Momoko said with a hint of worry.

"Yes, I am assertive with my choice. As much as I did have fun being with the inmates and the officers here, I want to do it for the best." I smiled at her. All of a sudden, Momoko got out of her chair and hugged me tightly.

"I am going to miss you [Y/N]." I felt tears on my shoulder then it hit me, she was crying. I returned the gesture to her. "I'm going to miss you too Momoko. Without you, I guess things would've been different." I pulled away to see Momoko's face filled with tears.

"Are you crying?" I chuckled looking at her reaction. "What do you mean? I'm not!" She sniffled. "Here use this." I pull a handkerchief out of my pocket and she blows her nose. "Do you have another one [Y/N]?" I turn to see Mitsuru also crying.

"Geez, what I am I going to going to do with you guys." I sighed as I pull another handkerchief out of a different pocket and Mitsuru took it to blow his nose. "We are going to miss you!" "You guys can visit me whenever you are on vacation or on break." I smiled. "Besides, it's not the end of the world is it now?"

"Maybe it is, you never know." Mitsuru blew his nose again. "Another thing, now that you're quitting, what will happen to you and Uno?" It struck me. I'm leaving him... But I'm doing this for us... "If Uno hears about it, he is going to throw a fit. Even worse Jyugo..." Mitsuru muttered the last part.

"Unless we help them escape," Momoko said in realization. "Are you actually suggesting that!? What if the higher-ups hear that the Warden is helping inmates escape and is just abusing her powers? You can't do that!" Mitsuru exclaimed. "Unless we get help from outside," Momoko said as she picked up her phone and start dialling a number.

"Hello Mrs. [L/N]? Yes, this is Momoko and I want to request an order. What is it you are asking? Helping four inmates escaping Nanba Prison."

And the deal was done.

Momoko's POV

I called for an emergency meeting with all of the Building officers to talk about the issue. I know it can harm my position but to address the history of [Y/N] is important. As I enter the meeting room, the head supervisors stood up and saluted.

"Ma'am!" They said in unison, "Relax, take your seats." I said as I took my seat. "First of all, I am sorry for this sudden meeting and taking the time out of your schedules. As you may know, there have been rumours that one of the guards is in a relationship with one of the inmates."

"And I assume you are about to address this issue," Kenshirou said. "Yes," I replied. "Oh! And who is this lucky guard?" Nijimasu asked before he took a bite of his doughnut. "Female guard [Y/N] [L/N]," I answered. I thought everyone was going to gasp but there were no reactions.

"We already knew about this Warden. We were just waiting for you to address the issue." Kiji said. "If you already knew about this, who or how did you get this information?" I asked and they all looked at Mitsuru who was shyly waving back at me.