this is going to ruffle some feathers... ( rant )

this rant has been coming for a loong time, i just decided against posting it because i knew i'd offend someone. but now i'm past the point of caring if i offend someone, since i'm tired of seeing this lie everywhere i go.

this rant started because of this book that just pissed me off. i knew from the title that it was going to, but i decided to peek into the story anyway and take a look at the fuckery presented in it. first thing it said was 'i'm mixed, so that means i'm beautiful.' or something like that. then, she goes on to say that her dad is black and her mom is puerto rican. "a sexy-ass combo, i know."

BEING MIXED IS NOT A PREREQUISITE FOR BEAUTY. i know some mixed kids who are ugly as shit, and some full black kids who are adonises and afrodites / aprhodites if they got a perm.

black is beautiful... why are you all (i'm talking to my race here) so damn fascinated by being anything but black? why does it tickle you when you see white women with black men? why do you want your kids to be anything but full-black? there's a difference to settling with someone of another race just because of love and to seek a mate lighter than you because you want to engineer your children to look a certain way.

also, to the mixed kids out there... i hate to break it to you, but you're still considered black. if you wanna be seen as an overall black person with the same limited priveleges that we get, you don't get the option of saying "i'm only half black" when a racial issue comes up. to me, that's you blatantly disowning your black side and i don't like that at all.

see, we don't even need other races for racism anymore. we perpetuate it ourselves. don't you see that willie lynch had this all planned out years ago? he said to turn the light skins against those of a darker hue against each other, and it'll eventually perpetuate itself. the "lightskins vs darkskins" posts on instagram, twitter, tumblr, facebook only make it worse, don't you see?

i cry silent tears for black america sometimes.