nothing new.

plato, sypnosium [ 219a-e ]

[a] ”1—2 But be more wary, my gifted friend: you may be deceived and I may be worthless. Remember, the intellectual sight begins to be keen when the visual is entering on its wane; but you are a long way yet from that time.’

“To this I answered: You have heard what I had to say; not a word differed from the feeling in my mind: it is for you now to consider what you judge to be best for you and me.’

“Ah, there you speak to some purpose,’ he said: ‘for in the days that are to come [219b] we shall consider and do what appears to be best for the two of us in this and our other affairs.’

“Well, after I had exchanged these words with him and, as it were, let fly my shafts, I fancied he felt the wound: so up I got, and without suffering the man to say a word more I wrapped my own coat about him—it was winter-time; drew myself under his cloak, so; [219c] wound my arms about this truly spiritual and miraculous creature; and lay thus all the night long. Here too, Socrates, you are unable to give me the lie. When I had done all this, he showed such superiority and contempt, laughing my youthful charms to scorn, and flouting the very thing on which I prided myself, gentlemen of the jury—for you are here to try Socrates for his lofty disdain: you may be sure, by gods—and goddesses—that when I arose I had in no more particular sense slept a night [219d] with Socrates than if it had been with my father or my elder brother.

“After that, you can imagine what a state of mind I was in, feeling myself affronted, yet marvelling at the sobriety and integrity of his nature: for I had lighted on a man such as I never would have dreamt of meeting—so sensible and so resolute. Hence I could find neither a reason for being angry and depriving myself of his society nor a ready means [219e] of enticing him. For I was well aware that he was far more proof against money on every side than Ajax against a spear;1 and in what I thought was my sole means of catching him he had eluded me. So I was at a loss, and wandered about in the most abject thraldom to this man that ever was known. Now all this, you know, had already happened to me when we later went on a campaign together to Potidaea;2 and there we were messmates. Well, first of all, he surpassed not me only but every one else in bearing hardships; whenever we were cut off in some place..."

^ for future reference

i'll come back to this, maybe, but for those who say that the gay movement is something new, consider the following.

a- plato's the sypnosium discussed his theories on love through dialogue between these men attending a sypnosium (drinking party) named phaedrus [ aristocrat in socrates' squad ], pausanias [ legal expert ], eryximachus [ physician ], aristophanes [ the back then tyler perry, but probably funnier and more intelligent ], agathon [ host of the sypnosium / tragic poet ], socrates [ that nigga ], alcibiades [ statesman, orator and general ]. funny thing about the sypnosium is that the men reference love {duh}, but the main love they reference is the love between two men.

in phaedrus' speech, he said that eros, god of love, had to be oldest of the gods, and he also said that love for a fellow soldier helped make soldiers fight harder, since there's nothing like impressing your baby....the battlefield being no exception.

b- pausanias said the kind of love that deserves attention springs "entirely from the male" and is "free from wantonness";[5] the object of this kind of love is not a child, but one who has begun to display intelligence and is close to growing a beard (181e). [wiki]

c- there were too many male couples for this shit to be anywhere close to new. there was achilles and patroclus, hercules and hylas, hercules and iolaus, hercules and, according to plutarch in eroticos, hercules had too many male lovers to count. alexander the great was even rumored to be with his companion hephaestion, sheit.

d- classic biblical tale of sodom and gomorrah, cities filled with sus men who even considered boning angels who visited sodom until the cities were burned by god himself. this was back in abraham's day, so this is clearly in B.C. times...please do not tell me that the gay movement is something new.

there's so much in the summary of the sypnosium that i didn't even touch on...read on. i'll put it here later, promise.