gold melts.

[ 2. 3 ]

they ever tell you about me, where  you come from? or why the golden age is over?

eons ago, i used to rule the world with a gilded scepter encrusted with jewels in one hand and the galaxy in the other. the sky was but a cloak draped around my shoulders to shield me from the breeze, the body known as "jupiter" was merely a plaything to remedy my boredom.

i was queen, sturdy gold skin crafted from god's hands, fashioned from teflon - nothing could touch me. arrows that assailed me in attempt to assassinate me only made me numb over time. numb to the point where i thought i had grown invincible.

i thought.

roses shriveled at my touch when my energy became too much. (at that time, you see, my blood gleamed gold with god's energy coursing through it and i was fairly untouchable.) but what did i care? a rose wasn't any more significant than i. i was sure of it.  my subjects grew unhappy at the darkness that enveloped their worlds all because i made the sun my lover and kept it to myself, locked away in my palace.

blind to anyone else's suffering, i was. i was blind to animosity from my subjects, the hatred radiating from my king until the wine that left a vile taste in my mouth entered my system in a way that reminded me i'm but a mortal, transforming gold blood to crimson, then from crimson to decorating the dining table as it poured from my mouth. 

i wanted to scream. i believe i did, but all that could be heard were the cries of "long live the queen," and all i remember is an... empty feeling. maybe to mirror their empty feeling, their hopelessness in the midst of my selfishness over time.

the emptiness in my body grew until i was aware of feeling no more. but i was still aware, awake even in death, so my punishment wasn't over.  the townspeople weren't satisfied until my head was on a platter, eyes wide open to watch my kingdom of gold melt down to the ground. 

a kingdom forged from gold is what it was... but that was when i ruled the world.