Chapter 14

Click on that star button below your screen and make me happy! ❤

Word count: 2621

*

There was a time when I was a child, very young then. Our nanny taught us a song, which even when she was busy with the cook, we'd always sing by ourselves. Giuliano always loved going out to engage himself in one form of mischievous activity or the other while Stephano would stay around, and either rock a crying Kara to sleep or hug me to his chest.

And we'd sing this song.

'When I was just a little child, I asked my mother what would I be?

Would I be pretty, would I be rich? Here's what she said to me.

Que Sera Sera, whatever will be will be, the future is not hard to see,

Que Sera Sera, what will be, will be.'

And ever since, I'd gotten so many beautiful imaginations about my life and where I was going.

Being the baby of the house, I got whatever I wanted and like most girls who grew up in a family like mine, babied and all, I had everything planned out.

It was simple. The typical plan.

Growing up, suddenly falling in love with a tall, blue eyed blonde who'd instantly sweep me off my feet and who also came from the same social background as I did. Then we would get married. Of course we would also have one or two babies while making money through whatever means my parents had been making money.

But I never thought this deep. That I would get into an arranged marriage with a man I already liked so much.

I realized that I'd suddenly began to think that deep as I relayed everything that had happened in the past few days to the girls. Brandon had canceled on us again tonight.

I took a sip of my scotch and waited for them to say something. Rocky was still leisurely licking the lip ring on the left side of her lower lip.

I waited for them to speak.

And it wasn't as if their opinions would determine what steps I would take next in life. But it did somewhat matter, because we had known ourselves for a reasonable enough time to consider what was between us sincere friendship.

And they each had their own impacts in my life, in their own ways. They had been my ride or die, and we had shared moments I had never— and could never share with anyone else.

"Oh my goodness!" Maddy finally sputtered, her tiny eyes widening.

"Girl, what?!" Rocky whisper yelled with equally wide eyes.

"No, for real, you're joking right? Tell me you are." Maddy shrieked. The blast coming from the main hall in the club house drowned her horrible shriek as the dj switched songs.

I shook my head. "No. I'm serious."

"Okay then. Give me a minute to freak out. Because this, is what they call the 'bomb." She made sure to smack her lips as she spoke.

Then they both got up and screamed, flailing their hands in the air and jumping on the couches like five year olds. The sight enough was so hilarious that I cackled for one whole minute, clutching my stomach as I doubled over in hysteria.

"Girls, calm down. Okay, okay. Stop it now and sit like the gentle ladies you are." I stressed the words, patting my flushed cheeks with my handkerchief. Maddy's toned thighs were on display in her turtle neck body hug dress. I'd caught Derek rubbing his hands on it when we just got here.