Chapter 28

Eros's POV

*

I felt her warm, smooth back as my arms went around her and she leaned into my touch. I frowned when I opened my eyes to see she was getting dressed.

"You're getting ready now? Stay some more." I croaked.

I pecked her back and heard her heave a contented sigh.

"Eros, you know I can't. Your sister and mom will get to the store before me and I don't like that." She told me softly.

"I'll drive you there, kiss me." I bargained but she laughed softly.

"Nope. The the hickey you left on my thigh after asking for a mere 'kiss' yesterday morning is just fading, you chauvinistic man. Keep your lips to yourself."

"Maybe I need to leave another one on that luscious thigh then?" I raised my brows with a doting expression but she flipped me the bird and I went out to my bathroom to have a quick shower.

I watched her move around, applying cream to her beautiful body, putting on clothes and then her jewelries.

"Let me come with you. I'll get ready too in a bit." I took off my sweatpants in a hurry but slowed down when I found her ogling my body in a dreamy state.

I had tats from my elbow upwards and it trailed to my back where there were normal male hand shaped palms clasped together holding a rosary.

The ones on my upper arms were words written in Italian language which meant: Life is like a baton in a relay race. When it is passed to you, you have to pass it to others.

"I know you like what you see, I'm fulfilled as a man." I told her with a sly smirk as her cheeks flushed, eyes suddenly widening. "What do you say baby? Let's go together. Tell my mom you're going with me instead." I flashed her my dimples. They always had a deep, intense effect on her. Her expression turned indignant and I smiled.

"It's not right to see the bride in her wedding gown before the wedding day. Also, I can't ditch your mom. She's planned to see this day since forever and she is even more excited about this than I am." She argued.

"Okay, I'll just follow you since I'll be bored at home anyway." I shrugged and ruffled my hair, eyeing her like a lovesick puppy.

"Really?" Her eyes twinkled in excitement but she remembered something and looked away. "I think you should concentrate more on your work so you can get a good sleep. You slept very late last night."

"That's why I took today off. I need the rest and you're my stress reliever, I just don't know how you do it."

I left after eyeing her and enjoying her flustered expression. Chuckling, I went to have my bath and dress up but funny enough, she was still combing her untangled hair.

I fell into a daze while staring at her.

After my ex who broke up with me, I never knew I could love anyone as much as I loved her this moment...

*

"Eros..."

I looked up and blinked, feeling my muscles ache all around me. Just for how long had I been in this position? It didn't matter. She was in there, she'd been in there for hours. She was in severe pain.

"Mom." I murmured as she sat beside me and stayed quiet, a gesture I appreciate greatly at this time.

They'd found her.