Chapter 42

Word count: 2536

Eros's POV

*

Today would be my last day here. Tomorrow, I would be back in Italy to join my angel in whatever finishing touches we needed to make before our wedding.

Geronimo and Giacomo had been very efficient at work, so I had nothing to worry about. Maybe I would give them a raise to encourage them to be more efficient in their duties.

Longing for Angela's hugs and kisses, I heaved a deep sigh and caressed her face which I used as my screensaver. I believed in true love but never thought I'd be lucky enough to have mine, until I met my Angel. She's everything I need and more.

I missed her soft laughter, her fussing nature and her advises that usually worked when I applied them. She even rooted for the blooming of a deeper relationship between Geronimo and Catalina, more than I did. She was so cute.

My phone started vibrating and my brows shot up suddenly, surprised at the identity of the caller.

It was my sister, Malia. She never called except she was in trouble.

I slid my thumb over the screen. "Hello?"

"Eros. I need your help. I..got into some trouble with cousin Marcos and he's threatening to marry me off to his mob friend if I don't do what he wants." She instantly rambled.

I sighed. "Calm down. How did you get involved with him?"

"I bought a store at Louis Benatta but after paying and signing the contract, the place was wrecked by a drunk driver the night after payment and the agent I got the place from refused to repair it even after I paid for a year's worth advance future damages. Unknown to me, cousin Marcos was the owner of the whole building."

I already hated where this was heading. I didn't like involving grandpa in our business but when it came to mob or mafia issues, I made sure myself and my siblings steered clear of it because it was hard to clear one's name after the first involvement. Luca had more experiences in such cases anyway.

"I'll talk to Marcos."

A strangled sound escaped her throat. "Eros...he threatened to kidnap me and send me to one of his clubs as a sec worker before marrying me off to his mob friend-"

"He won't do that. Calm down. I'll call him ASAP and put an end to this madness."

"Thank you my loving brother. You're the best brother in the world." She squealed and giggled, her voice now lighter.

Chuckling, I ended the call.

We drove into the building where the meeting would be taking place and parked. Immediately, I was escorted to the elevator and led to a conference room where some other board members and business associates were gathered.

Just as I was about to step in, someone I was very familiar with suddenly approached me. Immediately I caught sight of her, I shut my eyes tightly, letting out a groan while she patted my shoulder with a delighted smile.

If my reaction gave away my feelings about her sudden appearance, she didn't show it. In fact, she showed the opposite.

"Linda."

"Eros Del Peiro, my first crush and my first love. My first imaginary kiss. Fancy seeing you here." She purred, pouting her pink lips and giving me seductive eyes.

"Hello to you too. Where's Pauline?" I asked about her sister, the person I was supposed to meet this morning. The real business associate who knew what she was doing in the field.