Chapter 37

Angela's POV

*
Catalina?"

I heard stomping and then the door flung open. In the next second, she had her arms around me in a hug.

"What happened?" My stomach was in a knot as I led her back into the room.

"My mom. She's dead. She's gone. They killed her!" She choked on her sobs.

Who?! I wondered and patted her back, trying to calm her down at least.

"What happened?" Eros asked, leaving the door ajar as he came in. I spared him worried glance. He must've also heard her shout just now.

"Catalina. She just started crying, mentioning her mom." I told him in a worried tone.

I caressed the crying girl's back while she sobbed on my shoulder.

"I'll get mom right now. Comfort her till I get back. Don't let her step out of this room." Eros instructed and went out.

"Okay." I patted Catalina's back, wondering what was happening in her life at the moment. "It's okay Catalina, just calm down. Please."

She pulled away from me and paced the room, her eyes bloodshot.

"Why? I gave him everything he wanted. He kept asking and I...I kept giving him. He didn't have to go to this length after everything he did to us."

"What's happening Catalina? Who are you talking about?" I asked worriedly. She finally stopped pacing, as if she was now just registering the fact that she wasn't alone.

"M-my-" she looked up at me and gasped. "Dinah. I have to call Dinah right away, she must be in trouble already. He, he's trouble himself. Why does bad things keep happening to me? Why can't I just have one moment of peace for goodness sake?" She resumed her pacing, sobbing harder.

"Catalina calm down. Talk to me." I was getting really worried already.

Eros, where are you?

As if he could hear my thoughts, he returned with his mom hot on his tail. Ritalin quickly went to hug a sobbing Catalina.

"My sweet baby, what's wrong?" Ritalin asked a tearful Catalina, who heaved as she tried to stop the tears from flowing any further though that was futile.

"My mom. Someone harmed her, I mean...she just got shot. Hopefully she's still alive and not dead as he said." She relayed with a tearful face. I and Ritalin exchanged shocked glances and dragged our eyes back to the pregnant girl.

"Jesus! Who would do such a thing?" Ritalin demanded rhetorically.

Catalina pulled out of Ritalin's hold and wiped her tears, picking her bag and looking around in the process. "I have to go right now. My sister, Dinah. She's probably in trouble right now and I can't afford to have her stay there alone-"

"She'll be alright." Eros's tone was clipped and emotionless. He blocked her way as she made for the door.

Catalina whipped her head up to eye him, shock written all over her place.

"You don't know that! She could be hurt already as we're speaking!" She pushed at his chest but Eros stood rooted in his spot, one hand still pocketed while he stared at her with a blank expression. The sight of her pregnant struggling form worried me even more.

Catalina made a hasty move to maneuver her way towards the door when Eros still didn't speak but he caught her wrist and held her back.

"Catalina wait. I can't let you leave this house." He told her plainly.