Chapter 17

Word count: 2772

My shout-out goes to Tanzania, Philippines and Taiwan. Comment your country for a shout-out ♥️😍

Angela's POV

*

Eros wouldn't stop meeting my eyes even for more than a few times throughout our journey over to his family house and I had to remind him to keep his eyes on his laptop twice.

Unlike the exterior of his limousine which was all white and silver in some places, the interior was black. And it had Eros's strong masculine scent written all over it.

Each time, a smile would be on his lips while his long fingers flowed eloquently over his keyboard. It was both entertaining and a bit unnerving. What was he smiling about?

Was my face so amusing to him? I rolled my eyes and ignored him, focusing on the chat with my girls who were trying to calm me down by telling me my first meeting with my mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law wouldn't be that bad.

They all knew how terribly awkward I usually was on first meetings so what was the assurance that this would be an exception? There had never been an exception except of course with Mr Eros Del Peiro who pretended to be Donovan just to get acquainted with me.

"We're almost there." Eros murmured lowly and I nodded but kept quiet, focused on my phone. My lower lip was caged tightly between my teeth while I tugged at it subconsciously. "Hey Angel?"

I looked up at his face, and my eyes went up to the spiky beauties that were enjoined to form this beautiful man that'd been wrecking havoc to my insides since the first time we met.

His eyelashes.

They were not long, not as long as mine at least. Stephano' and Giuliano's eyelashes were also as long as mine.

But Eros's eyelashes weren't just long.

They were thick though, and had a nice curve to them. I caught myself staring just in time and blinked away quickly.

What do men need long lashes for?

The limousine stopped in front of a white gate. I looked out as we drove in to see a walkway with pink flowers paving way to one of the most beautiful and homely looking houses I'd ever seen.

"We're here...." I breathed. My hands were getting clammy. I picked my handkerchief and rubbed my hands over it, forming the handkerchief into a ball.

"Hey, hey.." Eros's eyes were on me. There was no doubt he tell how nervous I was.

"Let's go down. Right?" I smiled at him to ease the nervousness a bit. I could handle this, besides, Eros was here with me. What could possibly go wrong?

Eros shook his head and shut down his laptop. "We'll be out in a bit Rob."

The driver alighted with a soft thud of the door as he shut it and Eros cleared his throat.

"I'd like to tell you something." Eros smiled at me. My breath siezed for a second, then I sucked air in greedily the next second. My heart palpitated. I returned his smile, I couldn't help it even if I wanted to. I was always captivated by his smile as if that was the first time I was seeing it.

"Okay?" I murmured, then shook my head. He had me getting too mesmerized for a second there. "What's that?"

"I love you." He grinned.

My heart broke into several pieces as my eyes tore.

He spoke from his heart, with eyes clear and pure that the sincerity in his tone broke my heart into a tiny million pieces. I didn't know what to say, my tongue was tied.