Chapter 16

Word count: 2506

Make me happy by leaving a vote and comment on this chapter. Also, share with your friends.

Comment your country for a shout-out.

Enjoy the chappie ❤❤

*

Eros snaked his right arm around my waist as the gigantic silver ironed doors opened on its own accord. 'COQ' was engraved on one part of the door and 'UITO' was engraved on the other part.

"How long have you known him... And are you close to him?" He asked gently before we stepped in. I shrugged, biting the insides of my cheek while ruminating over the whole scenario that'd just taken place outside.

"A while. Actually, since I was in university, and yes we're close." I replied easily, wondering why he was asking these questions about Nate. "Why exactly did you call him back? Is it just because of the stalker incident?"

We walked in but all the while I still had my eyes on Eros.

"He's your bodyguard, and I know you trust him. You need all the protection you can get right now." Eros looked past me and into the large room I still hadn't spared a single glance, bringing me back to the consciousness of my environment.

I turned around and realized someone had been standing three feet from us, with a polite smile on his face. He was in black suit, a white and nearly trimmed goatee giving him the look of someone far younger than what I guessed his age was. Which was probably his late fifties.

"Welcome once again, Mr Eros. We're glad to have your acquaintance, Miss Alfonsi. Mr Coquito is in a meeting at the moment but he'll be with you briefly. I'll get someone to attend to you right away." He stated in a polish, British accent and I nodded.

"Don't worry, just let Ben know we're here." Eros stated. "Tell him to get his butt out of that room."

"ASAP sir." The man nodded respectfully before excusing himself.

Eros led me towards the two white chairs facing the brown gigantic chair on the other side of the table and we both took our seats.

"You're so familiar with B.C. Were you close in high school? You've been here today right" I asked curiously, since the man had greeted him 'welcome back again'.

I'd never heard of Eros Del Peiro but I'd heard several things about Benjamin Coquito and I had even modeled once wearing one of his exclusive eye lashes when I became the ambassador for Pearls House, Giuliano's fashion company.

"Yes. We were quite close then, and still are now." Eros murmured. "You didn't read a thing about me online, did you?"

"Nope. Was I supposed to? I'll eventually learn a lot about you when we go on dates so there's no hurry." I quirked a brow.

He gave a free laugh and I found myself smiling slightly at the carefree sound. It was nice to have us talking freely like things were before.

"No. But I'm a bit surprised you didn't read about me. Weren't you at least curious?"

He held my hand and slowly pecked each finger. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach as I realized he was staring at me intently, laughter visible in his eyes. He knew what this was doing to me.

"I-i was," I cleared my throat, "I just never realized it would be my bookworm of a next door neighbor I'd been curious about all the while."

"Okay." He placed his right hand on my now entwined hands and the room fell silent.

I adjusted myself to face him and my thoughts wandered off to what this night held for us. It was supposed to be a family dinner but I wasn't even that close enough to call myself family.