Chapter 22

Word count: 2164

My shout out goes to Ukraine and Paris. Please don't forget that vote (support me as an author) and comment your thoughts as well. :-)

Eros's POV

*

The room was silent as everyone was tense. We'd been discussing for thirty minutes now and I was beginning to get on edge even though Luca would often tell me to calm down.

This estate was where most of his workers were when they weren't at his headquarters which was also his office.

One of his men came in and moved closer to whisper something to him but Luca just told him to stay where he was and speak out loud.

"Sir, the Alfonsis are here."

Luca nodded stiffly, his eyes red.

Apparently he had known about this, that Angela was going to get kidnapped because there was a tracker in the necklace he'd given her three weeks ago and it had been deactivated, making him panic.

That was why he'd been calling me earlier at the boutique.

"Usher them in." He told the guard who nodded and went out.

"Luca, time is not on our side. You own more than a thousand professional spies and assassins all over Italy. Wh-"

"Have you met that boy?" Luca grunted, seemingly displeased. I didn't know what they'd have done to my angel by now and it was eating at my heart that I wasn't there to protect her.

I should have taught hee the use of a handgun or any other weapon but then all this had happened so fast. She should've been well protected. I didn't do a good job on her.

I heaved a sigh and replied Luca, "No."

"Well, I have met him and I know how he thinks. He does the things we don't expect, he is very smart, like a cunning snake. If I send people to him to get her, he will feel threatened."

"Feel threatened? Then he should! He started this first and one of his men even pointed at gun at my head!" I was beginning to raise my voice, not willing to think rationally.

I had good men whom I could organize to rescue Angela but my grandpa was the most feared man in the whole of Italy so his help would be a thousand times better than whatever I could think of assembling right now.

I was a little boy where he stood in the area of experience and I hadn't gone to military school full time like he and my grandma had done, so I couldn't even sit close to him when he was eating at the table of his enemies because I wasn't as calm and calculative as he was.

This was his line of expertise, but I was still upset at how calm he was.

"We can't afford to put my Rose's life on the line right now. Let him feel assured that he has the girl and also there will be a few loops on our own end so he'll think we're being lose on all sides." Luca stated calmly.

"How do we know for sure that Pedro has her? Aren't there any other leads?" Stephano asked in his cold voice as he walked in with a tall older woman in a black dress and long, thick coat behind him.

He already told me he was coming with one of the most ruthless people in the Italian business market but to my surprise, I realized it was a woman.

They both had blue eyes but just faint similarities so I couldn't say if they were related or not.

Looking closely, I recognized the woman immediately. Maria Alfonsi, Salvatore Alfonsi's younger sister and Stephano's aunt. I heard that she had married before but due to some issues she had in her marriage with her husband's family, she became ruthless and sent almost all her enemies into prison, gathering evidence against them with fierce hatred.