Chapter 3

A new chapter. Please click on the button below to signify a vote. :-)

Word count: 2705

Angela's POV

*

"Now we're all set." I heaved a sigh of accomplishment and smiled at the chocolate cookies on the tray.

After baking two plates of cookies for over two hours, I was ready to pay my new neighbors a visit and so I quickly cleared up my kitchen. Or rather, our kitchen.

I decided to transfer the cookies from the tray into a small basket with handle instead, so it would be easier for me to carry.

I looked down at myself when I was halfway through the sitting room and hoped the new neighbors wouldn't have a problem with my baggy shirt or sweatpants.

They were really comfy and I wasn't going to change them for anything in this world. Or beyond. It rolled my eyes at my choice of words.

My ringing tone startled me for a second as it vibrated against my skin through the front pocket of my five years old sweatpants and I contemplated on either ignoring or picking it.

At the last minute, I dropped the basket of cookies on the dining table and attended to the call.

Maddy's name flashed through the screen.

"Maddy....where are you?" I snapped immediately I swiped my hand over my iPhone screen.

I couldn't hide the worry in my voice, no matter how hard I tried.

"Shit Angela, are you back home? You sound like you are pissed..." Her pitchy voice screamed like she'd just been drenched with hot water.

I planted my free hand on my waist to give off the mother duck aura while glaring at the cookies like they'd offended me.

"What did you think? You left with Rocky and went to god knows where and you girls didn't even think there'd be need to call me. Didn't you say you'll be back home this morning?"

"Wha-"

I could imagine her scrunching up her brows in a deep frown.

"Don't. You have no excuse."

"Oh, not the temper again." She groaned.

I scoffed. "So now you're saying I have a temper right? I tell you how I feel, being worried sick and all because I was planning a movie night for when I get home only to discover you girls weren't even at home but all you can say is that I have a temper."

I paced around, feeling my anger rise at my own defense.

"Honey, chill. We thought you'd still be at the mansion. You remember you love spending days with your familia whenever you're back from your trip. And we even went to the usual meet up spot with Brandon last night."

"Well, I didn't spend the night there." I deadpanned.

"How were we supposed to know? You've not made a single comment in the group chat or called even after we left messages so we just figured you'd be busy. What did your parents even want to tell you last night?"

I opened my mouth and shut it like a fish gasping for breath.

She was right. I ignored the messages in the group, because I was just not in the mood to chat before I slept off last night.

I had been thinking about my future and what it held for me, wondering if there was even a glimpse of me falling in love somewhere there.

Now I was getting engaged soon to someone who still hadn't contacted me, and I didn't know how to feel about that.