Chapter 40

Angela's POV

*

I arrived home to the smell of homemade meal and instantly moaned, shutting my eyes and smiling for some seconds.

Sniffing, my mouth watered and I found myself walking into the kitchen like a zombie, feeling giddy inside as I opened the pot.

Eros had prepared dinner.

I opened the tray to see Tomato bruschetta with a side dish of roasted red potatoes and a pot of thick chicken soup sitting in three different round French steel plates.

A giggle of happiness erupted from my lips and I gently put the lid over the tray, taking off my shoes as I walked back to the sitting room and dropped my bag on the chair.

"I'm home baby." I called but there was no response. However, Eros's phone was on the table, meaning he was at home.

I went up to his room and took a shower, thinking about him and our coming wedding and so many things that were slowly happening between us. I felt lucky to have someone like Eros in my life, especially with how loving and protective he was of me, considering the fact that I'd never been one to take relationships seriously.

And until I net him, I didn't really hold on to the thought that I would like to be tied to someone, willingly or not.

At least despite how my parents acted so lovingly, there was a time when my dad did something to hurt my mom. I couldn't say what it was in details because my brothers tried as best as possible to keep it from me when we were younger but it didn't meant I didn't notice.

So due to that, I never really took relationships seriously.

After I got out of the bathroom, I got a call from the girls while creaming my legs and agreed to meet with them at our meeting place tomorrow night. I couldn't wait to know who Brandon had sex with few months back before the kidnap happened.

It wasn't a call girl, because he got all flustered when I asked him about it. He really had a sex-with-benefits buddy or a girlfriend he was hiding from me. I had a lot to catch up on with him and the girls!

Putting on one of Eros's shirt, I found my way downstairs and to the dining.

"Eros?"

He still wasn't out, so I dropped my phone and proceeded to check the library.

"Eros?" I found him going through a book, flipping through the pages with his concentration. At the sound of my voice, he stooped and looked up.

His eyes widened and he shut the book, dropping it.

"My Angel, you're back."

"Yes. I searched for you all over the place but you were nowhere to be found. So I said I'd come here."

His eyes raked over my form and I smiled, seeing how they clouded with desire.

"Come here." He opened his arms out to me and I walked into them, accepting his embrace.

He led us out, though my eyes lingered on the book he'd placed on the table.

"How was work?" I asked.

"Fine? What were you looking for? What's in that book?" I probed, trying to take a peek but he pulled me along with him back to the sitting room.

"Just something. Not that important. Let's eat."

"Okay."

He pulled out the chair and I sat.

"Thank you."