Chapter 32

Unedited. Pardon any error you come across. Also, a chapter was published yesterday. In case you've not read it.

Let me know what you think about the chapter.

Eros's POV

*

Immediately I dropped the call with Angela, I stretched on the chair and pulled up my sleeves, finally turning around to face my office again.

To my surprise, my brother was sitting right before me, glaring. I frowned. I'd dismissed him immediately I dialed Angela's number and turned around to back my office, not knowing he was still in the room.

"Is this some kind of payback? Because I asked you to put the call on speaker when Angela called, you decided to eavesdrop?"

"Well, I was about to leave when I heard you asking her if she was intentionally trying to make you jealous. I couldn't leave and just let you scold the nice lady. Also, you know you're a chauvinistic bastard, right?"

"That's not a good way to talk to your older brother and superior." I frowned at him. Maybe I wasn't strict enough with my younger ones? Even Malia would often talk to me with disrespect whenever Angela was involved. They took her side more than mine, as if Angela was their blood relation and not me.

"Sorry bro. Still, I'm right. You literally talked down on her and then coaxed her to mess up her feelings." He replied in an insincere tone, obviously taking Angela's side.

"That's where you have it all wrong. That's not me talking down on her, that's me being firmer in the way I know how to. Do you know how I felt when she wasn't with me, wasn't beside me? It felt like I couldn't breathe properly. She was out there for almost a week. In the hands of a psychotic loser who would constantly hit her. I couldn't stop blaming myself for days. Then the moment she woke up, do you know what she did?"

He stared at me curiously, adjusting in the chair. "Tell me."

"My girl asked of that damn Pedro. She wanted to know how he was doing. I almost couldn't control myself when she told me she was in love with his seven year old self that had been abused. It was like some stockholm syndrome shit. It scared me to my wits how fondly she spoke of that man and his personalities, telling me she was afraid one minute and that she was in love with the seven year old self the next minute. That night, I couldn't sleep. Her words were constantly vibrating in my head. More so, after that day, she'd constantly bring it up, saying she wants to know where he is, she wants to see him, he needs help, bla bla bla."

"That's bad. Do you think she was, you know, affected mentally? Maybe he didn't just hit her. Maybe he manipulated her in some way and now she's just not in her right senses anymore?" He asked me curiously.

I remembered the way she'd trashed in her sleep that night, begging someone named Peterson or Pearson to let her go. It didn't look like she was manipulated.

"No. I don't think so."

"And...maybe she is thinking in the view of a mother who wants to...show her child affection?"

I scoffed. Angela was one of the nicest ladies I'd ever met but she wasn't that way... Then I looked up at him. He could have a point.

"Elaborate."

"When she met that childhood part, when she spoke to him, it must have touched something in her heart. I know this because of Catalina. She speaks to our baby as if he's already been born. Sometimes I'll catch her cradling her stomach and smiling in her sleep. She has formed a strong bond with him or her. What if Angela is like this? What if she formed a bond with that childhood part of Pedro Denaro? There's always a part of women that form a strong bond with children." He explained fondly. He was getting used to this Catalina, the mother of his unborn child.