Chapter 15

Word count: 2472

Kisses :-*

Angela's POV

*

The sermon had just ended and almost everyone had left after giving condolences but the four of us still gathered around Derek, deciding we would still stay with him for a while more to offer our silent comforts.

I was supposed to be at the Del Peiro household tonight and grandpa Luca already confirmed my attendance twice today but Brody's burial rite was equally important and I couldn't just leave them to it.

Derek was a part of us now, since he was a good friend of Maddy. They liked each other but since they weren't ready to take the next step or admit their feelings for each other we would look on from the sidelines.

I didn't want to leave since Brandon and Rocky were still here as well, and I already ended Eros's call twice in the past twenty minutes.

Still, whether we wanted to or not, we couldn't stand in Derek's backyard all afternoon.

"I think the best thing would be to stay with him for a few days." I suggested and looked from one person to another.

Maddy nodded. "I intend to do that, just help me get some things from home. I'll send the list through a text, okay?"

My phone started ringing for the third time just when I was about to reply her and from the look she gave me, she knew who the caller was.

"We'll be fine." Rocky insisted. "Thank you for being here. It means a lot."

Rocky patted Derek's shoulder and he hugged each and every one of us without a word. That gesture was enough to pass the message across. He was grateful for the supports.

"Take care of yourself Derek." I whispered in his ear with a sad smile. Brody meant so much to him, and to us from the moment we got to know him. He'd practically grown up with the dog but since the eleven year old Brody had to go, Derek would have to adapt his buddy's sad absence around him.

"I will. Thank you for everything Angela." Derek hugged me again and I dabbed at the sides of my eyes. This was too emotional for me.

Rocky left with me while Brandon said he wanted to have a quick chat with Derek before leaving.

I stepped out of the house, walking to my car but instantly halted in my steps when I was greeted by the sight of a white Lamborghini.

My eyes went wide.

"Woah, woah! Who came in that?!" Rocky pointed at the Lamborghini. "Who's the big shot?" She whistled as the car packed a few feet from us.

We both exchanged questioning glances and I shrugged.

"Does Derek know someone's visiting? It's probably a stinkingly rich man judging from the car brand they're bringing to a dog's burial-" I began with a roll of my eyes when a gasp escaped Rocky's lips.

"Oh my goodness! Look who it is, Angela. Just look!" Rocky hurriedly walked past me with a wide, awestruck grin and that was when I noticed Eros was the man alighting the car- with an elegance I'd never seen him exhibit since we'd met. He had his 3 o'clock shadow, looking all handsome and sinful in a way that made me stare in an awestruck gaze.

Not knowing exactly how to react, I merely stared numbly and watched Rocky make a fool of herself as she practically gaped at the man who'd obviously come to fetch me.

How did he even know I was here? I didn't tell him where I was going this morning. Yes I told him I was going for Brody's funeral but I didn't give him the location.